Unable to download ASX Share prices for Thursday 14 June, 2018

John-T
John-T Member Posts: 25

Last night I wasn't able to download ASX Share prices for Thursday 14 June, 2018.  I've tried again this morning, with the same (non) result.

No error messages or anything.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this may be, and more importantly, what can be done to correct it.

John

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2019
    Hi John,
    Is this affecting all your ASX shares or a select few?

Which edition of Personal Plus are you using?

We tested just now and ASX share price downloads were successful.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Frank t
    Frank t Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Au Share prices. Unable to download Au share prices starting last night. Us prices download. Using PP2016. Can you help?
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2018
    Interesting.  Absolutely coincidental....    as I was unloading PP2016 to help a user with his install of PP2018.  Just before I uninstalled PP2016,  I observed two test AUST shares I use:  TLS and RKN,  would not update.  When I uninstalled PP2016 and installed PP2018 yesterday morning (Thurs 14th June AEST time),  I observed that share prices for these two AUST stocks did update.

All on a Win10 VM.

Gaz?
  • Anne C
    Anne C Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2018
    I've had no share prices since the 8th June. PP2016, and online licence valid to 8/8/18
  • Gayle Stanton
    Gayle Stanton Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled share price downloads Peronal Plus 2016. My Personal Plus 2016 (purchased in August 2016) has not downloaded any share prices since 30 May 2018 at 10.22.

Many thanks for your help
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2019
    Hi all,
    From the reports so far, this seems to be isolated to the 2016 edition. I tested on Personal Plus 2018 yesterday and like Gary's post above, the update worked normally.

Sounds pretty strange, I imagine its all coming from the one source but I could be wrong about that. I'll speak to the product team about this on Monday morning and come back to you with more info. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Peter Gadd
    Peter Gadd Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2018

Hi John T, I am using Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016 and I have the same problem, since 14th. June 2018, No ASX Download, tried today the 16th. still no success.  What is going on??? Rav check again.

Peter G

• Peter Gadd
    edited June 2018

Hi I also recall receiving the renewal message for 8th. July 2018 about the time the downloads stopped.  Related ???  I am running Quicken on Windows 7 Professional.

Pete

• Graham Rosenstrauss
    Graham Rosenstrauss Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, I'm having the same problem & my licence expires 4/8/18.
  • Chris Campbell_7017952
    Chris Campbell_7017952 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2018
    Hi all I cannot download my data either 14th and 15th June 2018
    Is this problem being addressed
    Chris
  • Chris Campbell_7017952
    edited June 2018
    Hi re my data download not working 14th and 15th June I need to add that I have personal plus 2016 Windows 10

• J R EVANS
    J R EVANS Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Rav, looking forward to your findings on Monday. For the record:   
    1.  I previously replied on a similar thread started 18 hours ago by Gayle Stanton.
    2.  I've had the same problem on PP 2016 since 14 June. Win10 PC           
    3.  My online licence expires 21/7/18.     4
    4. Had this problem (with many others) in Jul 2015.
  • Trevor Wenzel
    Trevor Wenzel Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Same here, quite frustrating. Acounts personal plus 2016, using windows 7 professional, Licence valid til 26/7/2026, online services valid til 26/7/2018, got a reminder during the week, No updates of Aust listed shares on 14,15, 16th. What's going on?
  • Peter Ferrett
    Peter Ferrett Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2018
    Same problem. Version 2016 online licence exp 28/09/2018.No updates 24 and 25 June
  • Live4life
    Live4life Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2018
    I look forwrd to your reply on Monday Rav, because my PP 2016, expiry 14/8/2018, has also not downloaded the the following days, 13, 14, 15.
    Martin
  • st_6872571
    st_6872571 Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2018
    Same problem for me, no ASX downloads from Thursday (14 Jun 2018).  I use 2016 version but licence valid until Nov 2018.
  • Rav
    edited June 2018
    Good morning all,

I've had a chat with the product team regarding your reports this morning and they're about to undertake some testing to determine what's happening.

Will come back to you all with more info as soon as I hear back.

• Rav
    edited June 2018
    Hi again folks,

The team have moved on to testing out a potential fix for this problem.
    We may need to get some of you to test it out and advise your results once its ready however I'll confirm that if it comes to it.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

• Rav
    edited June 2018
    Hi all,
    The team have put the finishing touches on a patch which they're confident should resolve this issue and I'm in the process of getting it tested.
    If feedback from that proves positive then I'll be share the details and access to the patch with the thread right here.

Again, thank you all for your patience.

Cheers
    Rav

• st_6872571
    st_6872571 Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2018
    The download seemed to work for today (18/6) but not for 14/6 and 15/6 last week.
  • Trevor Wenzel
    Trevor Wenzel Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    So it's up dated for the 18th. So what do we do for the 14th, 15, 16th.? Forget about them?

• Rav
    edited June 2018
    Hi guys, We're still doing a bit of work in the background on the server which is why you're seeing those results. More to come

• Chris Campbell_7017952
    edited June 2018
    The price download for the18th isn't correct and days before either haven't worked or are wrong.via do hope when you get it to work you do give us the back dated data as well
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2018
    re: Trevor Wenzel's comment.   Looking at an example.....    The pricing for "RKN" lines up OK with the stated prices found here:  per the ASX.     https://www.asx.com.au/asx/share-price-research/company/RKN    for 7th, thru 15th June 2018......    Some examples of remaining concerns would be useful please.

Gaz
  • Peter Gadd
    edited June 2018

Thanks Rav & Team, all seems well again, downloaded ASX prices successfully this morning, 19th. June 2018.

Peter G

• Rav
    edited June 2018
    Hi everyone,
    The issue affecting share price downloads for the 2016 editions has been resolved.

The team have addressed the problem at the server level and as such, installation of a patch is not required in this instance.

Unfortunately a couple of days of data (14 & 15 June) has been missed and not retrievable via this channel for the 2016 version. You can however enter these days manually.  

To manually enter, right click the share and select Price History, and then click on New.
    There are many sources that provide share price histories and one easy source is https://au.finance.yahoo.com/lookup

A guide for importing price history from a CSV file is available in this KB:
    Importing Share Price Data into Reckon Personal using the CSV (Comma Seperated Value) file format.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused over the last few days, and thank you all again for your patience while we worked through this.

• Rav
    edited June 2018
    One of the servers used in the old share price server had an unexpected restart and part of the share price routines did not restart after this reboot.

This is something that will not happen in the new share server infrastructure as we have secondary servers ie. if one goes down, another takes its place etc.