Unable to load company file from Reckon Accounts 2013 into Reckon Accounts Hosted 2018

Tina Radcliffe
Tina Radcliffe Member Posts: 2
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have just purchased Reckon Accounts Hosted 2018 and am attempting to open the backup file from my old Reckon Accounts 2013 desktop, however the only options available to me when trying to open this file are "My Backup (B:)" and "My Live (Q:), neither of which exist on my computer. I am not able to search for any other drives or files, and therefore I cannot locate the backup (".QBB) or portable (".QBM) files that I have created for my company.image
Could this be a Windows 10 issue? and are there any way's that I can get around this?

After today (June 19, 2019) I won't be able to access the old Accounts 2013 so it is vital that I have the new program up and working as soon as I can, especially before the EOFY.

I've been calling tech support (1300 799 150) all day but they're at capacity and unable to take more calls.
Please  help!
Thank you!

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    You have to upload the backup file to the B drive first and then restore.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Just to expand on the advice above, you will need to use the Floating Toolbar to upload the file to the Hosted Q or B drive and there's more info on how to do this here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1K93TrteAA

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tina Radcliffe
    Tina Radcliffe Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    Thank you! That was exactly what I needed.