Unable to save docs as PDF.

Darren Tyrrell
Darren Tyrrell Member Posts: 3
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am running QB Pro 2013 and recently for no apparent reason are now unable to save any docs as PDF. I have had no issues previously.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled QB again and done the same with adobe. It hasn't fixed the issue. Can you please help?

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi Darren,

In your control panel, devices and printers, right click on the QuickBooks V4 PDF converter and go to printer properties, ports, add new port, local port, name it RA2013Port (or anything really it doesn't matter) save that, make sure that new port is ticked.  Try saving as PDF again.  If that fails, right click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop, properties, compatibility, tick Run this program as an Administrator.  Save that and try to save as PDF again.  Generally that will fix it.

Let me know how you go.

Regards,
    Shane. 
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Have you updated your adobe reader lately?  I had this issue a while back and needed to keep the older version of adobe with the older Qbooks.

• Darren Tyrrell
    edited May 2017

Hi Shane

Thank you very much for the instructions as the first step worked beautifully. I really appreciate your help.

Kind Regards

Darren

• Darren Tyrrell
    edited May 2017

Thanks for your help with this as the problem is now fixed with the help of Shane from Reckon and his instructions are above.

Regards

Darren

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    My pleasure.  Glad to be of help :)
  • Bilhan Thener
    Bilhan Thener Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2018
    Hi Shane,
    I got the same problem but I am using Windows 10, everytime it saves to pdf it freezes. I tried adding a new port but win10 asking for a file for it. Any suggestion?

Thanks