Unable to transfer all the items list from Account 2013 to POS2013.

Sunthar Moorthy
Sunthar Moorthy Member Posts: 2
edited August 2016 in Point of Sale

Reckon Accounts Pro 2013 and Point of Sale Professional 2013 Administrator: We are setting up a new business after a merger. We already had a database contains over 1800 items. We have managed to exported all the items list and imported again onto the new Reckon database successfully. We have also created a new POS database going through the step by step process and got the POS is also working and all of them have been activated.

Issues we need help with:

The new items are adding in Accounts( new setup) don't show up in POS DB Admin even after a successful transfer ( Using the transfer from Accounts in POS Admin).

Any changes we make to any of the  existing items in Account( new setup) are coming through after the transfer has been completed.

With the previous Accounts database before the merger, in the “add new item window” from the drop list box we had a type called “Inventory Part” but with the new setup its’ not there but  instead it’s got “non-inventory part”

We thank you for your help in advance. Regards, Sunthar

Comments

• Kevin Silberberg
    Kevin Silberberg Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2015
    With regard to the option of creating a new Item as an Inventory Part, you must have opted to track Inventory in Reckon Accounts.  In "Edit/Preferences/Items & Inventory/Company Preferences", you need to click on the option "Inventory and purchase orders are active".
  • Sunthar Moorthy
    Sunthar Moorthy Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015

Dear Kevin, many thanks for your quick reply.  You are spot on with my Items-Inventory issue. I made the change as per your post and I can tell you are the best. I can confirm the Inventory part is showing up from the drop list now. Many thanks again.  Would it be the real cause of the other issue as well? I will try and transfer from Accounts now and see if I can see the new items in POS DB Admin. Regards, Sunthar

• Kevin Silberberg
    Kevin Silberberg Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2015
    Dear Sunthar, it was a pleasure.  Let me know how you get on with the accounts issue.  Regards, Kevin