Unable to create visible Liability accounts.

Tony_6916454
Tony_6916454 Member Posts: 7
edited February 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Unable to create visible Liability accounts. Have been using H&B 2013 for now on three years, no problem but now if I create a new liability account it will not show in the accounts list. The account exists but I can't customise it or store any details about the account. It is not hidden as it doesn't even list in the account dialog box. Tried creating a business liability acct which shows on the account list, and then change it to property & debt and it again disappears. I can still do transactions in it and it does appear in reports but the account still is invisible. To access it I have to find a matching transaction where I can move to the account and see transaction details and it seems to function normally. Have also tried verify and super verifying the accounts. No luck with the report say it has deleted acct_23 every time. Very frustrating since I have been using quicken/reckon products for some 11 years. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2019
    Hi Tony,

Thank you for your post in our community.

Sorry to hear about the issue you're having. Before we go any further, let's just double check this:
    1. Go to Tools > Account List
    2. Click on Manage Accounts tab and look for that Account name
    3. If you can find it, see if there's any tick for "Hide Ac..."
    4. If it's ticked, un-tick it and have a look.
    5. If it's un-ticked, do a Copy of the file (File > File Operations > Copy > select the path, look after the file name, ensure no more than 8 characters long and no spaces to keep it simple and date range > Go Ok > select "New Copy" > OK
    6. Test it again to see if that helps
    7. You also might want to do a "Validation" of the file (File > File Operations > Validate > select your file and go OK
    8. See if that helps.
    Hope the above helps. Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

Ifti
  • Tony_6916454
    edited February 2019
    Hi lfti

The liability account can't be seen in the account list.  Since it is not listed it has none of the hide options.  I can make a transfer to it from another account and then use go to matching transaction and it list the details and transaction using the Tabs.  But he account doesn't list in either the left column or manage accounts

File operation: Trying to copy the file and get  
    the message file not copied.

With validation (and super validation), I glimpse a message being displayed and then the process ends with the following message

the message is exactly the same on every occasion

Wed Jun 11 14:58:55 2014
    File: "D:\quicken\accounts" 

QDF:
    Validating the QDF file.
    Removed unneeded category: "[ACCT_23a]".
    Fixed damage for account: "ACCT_23a".

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Wed Jun 11 14:59:01 2014
    ]
    Opening file: 
    D:\quicken\accounts.QDF

[Wed Jun 11 14:59:01 2014
    ]
    Application startup, after file open

[Wed Jun 11 14:59:03 2014

But the program still runs! fortunately

Hope you can help

Tony
  • Ifti
    edited December 2016
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for the detailed info. This helps us a lot.

It looks like a big data file corruption. You might have to create a brand new file moving forward. Unfortunately, nothing can be done as of now because of the damage of this data file.

Sorry for this.

Ifti
  • Tony_6916454
    edited February 2019
    I have to ask is there any way to export at least individual accounts data?  There is over 10 years of data in these files with the last 5 years very detailed

Tony
  • Ifti
    edited December 2016
    Hi Tony,

Yes it can be exported. Unfortunately, the Tax component won't be imported into a new file. It will transfer the the amounts but won't get the Tax codes with them so your Tax related reports won't show any data.

However, this only applies if you have Tax related transactions. If you are using Personal Plus or below, then it won't affect you. 

Data Rec team can do this for you for a charge. You can request for a service from the below link:
    http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/ReckonSupport/ReckonDataServices.aspx

Cheers,

Ifti
  • Tony_6916454
    edited February 2019
    Hi 

Well after some two months no support,  Last reply was that staff were still looking at but didn't believe they could fix the problem but no formal details.  So that leaves me stranded, can't even export the data to create a new file.  Reckon staff, what should I do?  Throw away 7 years of data or just migrate away from your products?

You also sent an email saying "Home & Business 2015 .... is released 7 August 2014" Can you provide advise why this didn't occur?  No e-mail, no info, no nothing.  (I expect you can see this is really frustrating)

Tony

• Ifti
    edited December 2016
    Hi Tony,

Apologize for the delay.

We will be releasing the Personal range by end of today. We apologize for not being able to release it earlier. More info will be available soon.

Thanks.

Ifti