Why doesn't Accounts Home & Business 2013 open properly after re-installation?.

Options
Stephen_6634390
Stephen_6634390 Member Posts: 1 āœ­
I am using Accounts Home & Business which was working fine until the new year. When I tried to perform a backup, Reckon would freeze and I would have to use Windows Task Manager to close the program. I tried uninstalling & reinstalling a number of times. Each time I attempted to open the program it would proceed to where I had a grey page with the headings of File & Help at the top. It would then freeze the same as before. I contacted Technical Support and was advised to perform a 'SELECTIVE STARTUP'. As a result of this I am now able to open another smaller File (2585 KB) and also a new file. I am not able to open my main account file (9431 KB) which has all of my banking records recorded. The program allows me to restore this file from Backup and when I attempt to open the File, I am informed that Reckon is 'NOT RESPONDING' and again freezes. As before the only way to shut down the program is with Windows Task Manager.

Kind Regards,
Stephen

Comments

• Jamaiel_6490508
    Jamaiel_6490508 Reckon Staff Posts: 74 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hi Stephen,

Welcome to Reckon Community!

When a RA Personal Range file is created in produces the main file with QDF extension with 4 to 6 files with the same name but different file extensions. Supplementary files are ending in QPH, QEL, HCX, QSD, QIL, QIN, QHI, IDX. They have to be kept together for one working file.

Please try copying this files to a different location i.e. Desktop > New Folder and try opening from here. If issue persist, try to rename all of the files to up to 8 characters long then try opening them again.

However, since you are able to open other files except for this, it might be indicative of a corrupted file.

Hope it helps!

Kind Regards,

Jamaiel