UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE RECKON!!

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

This is absolutely unacceptable service from Reckon.  It is no wonder that MYOB overtook them as the preferred small-medium business accounting package.  Now new cloud hosted packages are coming out and still doing better than Reckon is.  The current disgustingly poor level of service, lack of communication to customers, failure internally to provide a quality product that actually works (don't get me started on day to day issues like connecting to printers) let alone has features that it should, horrific timing of "maintenance" and "updates", and failure as a provider to have a backup system in case of failure (like what is currently happening) is apauling. If I ran my business like this I would be homeless in under a month.  Reckon, I'M DONE, OUT, DUSTED, GONE!!  3 days down (not including the weekend) around a month end process is ridiculous.  The money I have had to pay, in this outage alone, for staff doing nothing has cost me more than buying my own server and a real accounting package that actually does what it should!  You've lost me as a customer and I dare say I won't be the only one!!
Photo of Shane Rice

Shane Rice

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • P!$$ED OFF

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of eubank7732

eubank7732

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Shane, What other program are you turning to?  I am interested to hear your comparison.

Thanks

Rachel

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Shane,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with the Accounts Hosted. I'd like to look into this mater for you. Please email me with your customer ID and contact number to Community@Reckon.com, and I will arrange for someone to get in contact with you regarding your account and look at your options. Thanks, Mirko.
Photo of Jean Andersen

Jean Andersen

• 598 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have emailed you this morning Mirko as requested and am still awaiting a call, I have had issues again this morning.. Very frustrating
Photo of Shane Rice

Shane Rice

I am thinking MYOB as I have other companies on that already but will also be looking at Xero. MYOB has never failed so far, has much better functionality for the important things, is easier to upgrade to an ERP from and their customer service has been awesome. 

As for hosted packages I have found that I can rent an exchange server (with a backup server and a dedicated technician) to hold my company documents, support our emails/calendars etc, and hold our accounting package on which I can then remote into, all for cheaper than what it is currently costing me for just hosting our accounting package with Reckon. Finding this out while I was already so frustrated was the straw that broke the camels back for me when it came to future solutions.

(Edited)
Photo of Shane Rice

Shane Rice

And now we come in for day 4 of the software not working.  Mirko I emailed you yesterday and still have not received a response.  This would have to be the most disgusting excuse for customer service I have EVER seen!! 

There is zero chance I will be staying with Reckon now!!  Give me my company file and GET ME OUT OF HERE!!

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Shane, tried to call just now, but was unsuccessful. I’ve left a message with one of your co-workers, and sent an email to advise you of my call. I’ll try again a little later alternatively if you reply to my email advising when you are free to talk, I'll call you then. Thanks, Mirko
Photo of Kris Scott

Kris Scott

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Customer Service - what customer service - we are down again today. I love the apology - NOT. Disgusting service .
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Kris, sorry to hear you are having difficulties again. Which error are you experiencing? Alternatively, for the fastest possible support, please contact our Technical Support team for one-to-one assistance. Thanks, Mirko
Photo of Kris Scott

Kris Scott

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Mirko - rang the Tech team for service -makes me laugh there is no service. They are rude rude rude people. Don't listen and don't care and there is never ever a sorry given. We are getting yet again the -6000,-80. It would be so nice if an email was put out to customers to let them no there is an issue rather than us ringing our IT people etc and wasting more time and money - this is soooo not acceptable trying to run a business in tough time as it is. assistance from tech team - first laugh I have had this morning they need to learn customer service skills too.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the service you received from Tech Support. Please email me at Community@reckon.com with your Customer ID and Password (and company file password if you have one), I'll be able to look into your error and review the support you have received. Thanks, Mirko
Photo of Leanne Dew

Leanne Dew

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

I haven't been able to work today, Ive been able to do one bank rec. I don't get an error I just get a black dropout screen and need re log in. (5times already)

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hi Leanne, sorry to hear you've had a disruptive morning. Please give tech support a call for one-to-one assistance. They will be able to look into out what is causing the drop outs. Thanks, Mirko.
(Edited)
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hi Kris, thanks for taking my call today and I hope all is working effectively now. I've passed on your feedback and the call has been reviewed. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you have a pleasant and productive afternoon.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Jean - It was likewise a pleasure speaking with you today. As discussed I have also emailed you with the further information I promised. Thanks, Mirko
Photo of Sue

Sue

• 316 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Agree this is appalling service from Reckon. Twiddling thumbs and writing this as waiting for a PO to open. A different problem but maybe Mirko could call me and fix it rather than waiting 3 hours. What shall I do Mirko??? Third time today!!
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Sue, if you could email me at Community@Reckon.com with your Customer ID and password (and company file password if you have one) I can have a look into it for you. For a speedier and thorougher and more expert support it would be beneficial to contact tech support. Thanks.
Photo of Sue

Sue

Tech support in India. They are friendly but know nothing. Reckon needs to actually train their staff or use Australian staff. Mirko you are having a rough time but now perhaps you should call the CEO of Reckon and get him to respond personally to all of us about his plans to improve the staff and what we should do in the meantime. It is time for some positive action by the CEO. Eg if Reckon can only support one open window at a time, at least tell us.

Photo of Brad Monaghan

Brad Monaghan

• 60 Points
im done too
Photo of Brad Monaghan

Brad Monaghan

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
FINALLY HAD ENOUGH.

will not be renewing my subscription to hosted premium, and will be migrating to Zero.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Brad, sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with your current experience. We'd love to gather your feedback and see if there is anything we can do. Please email me @ Community@reckon.com with your Customer ID and contact number and I will arrange for someone to get in contact with yourself. Cheers, Mirko
Photo of Sue

Sue

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Reckon screen freezing all day. Tried calling Tech support but go to India which is unreliable.

Tech support in India is hit and miss and wasting too much time. Screen keeps freezing today and India says working their end. Called Australian number and they now send to India and kept on hold for too long so gave up. Indian tech support supposedly calling back tomorrow to fix. We are in WA so lost rest of day. Anyone thinking of buying Reckon hosted think again ... if you are happy to waste valuable time they buy, but once you buy you are stuck until you have time to move. 
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Sue, we have tried to contact you today on a few occasions but were unable to reach you. We left you a message and emailed you to notify of our call. Should you still be experiencing difficulties please let us know by responding to the email and advise us of a better time to try again. Thanks, Mirko
Photo of Sue

Sue

Thanks Mirco. Just been incredibly busy. We are also in serious catch up after Reckon problems. Reckon fails when we have profit and loss open with another window - takes about an hour to unfreeze and we can do nothing about it. We worked this out ourselves. Not sure what is going to go wrong next but it is now 3.39pm in WA and too late to speak with you regarding this as Reckon has closed down for the day. Calling us in the morning doesn't work as phones too busy. Can you please ask the CEO what compensation we will all be getting for lost staff wages, our lost time etc etc. 

Photo of Alex Alexandrou

Alex Alexandrou, National Retail Sales and Contact Centre Manager

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Sue,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing.

Our Hosted Support line is open 8.30am - 7pm AEST Monday to Friday. I understand the morning isn't suitable, so if you prefer I can organise for a Support Manager to call you back again at a time that's suitable for you.

As mentioned in my email to you today, I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss this further so that we can understand the issues you've been experiencing. I can be contacted on the phone number I left when I called this morning, or via email.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Alex

National Retail and Contact Centre Manager

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.