Under 5 employees end of financial adjustment. How can I change my 2018-2019 data?

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
I have the one touch phone app for under 5 employees. My question is that I have done a mistake for the end of financial year and I can not see on the app how to change it. I need to edit the figures for the ATO. It also does not show a summary for each employee. Your help would be appreciated as I am new at this.
Photo of Joanne Fairbrother

Joanne Fairbrother

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • anxious

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,250 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Joanne,
If you need to amend your figures for the last financial year, you can create an adjustment in the app dated 30 June 2019 which can be used to correct any incorrect figures.
When you are in the pay run screen on the app, click the blue + symbol and select 'New Adjustment'.

Joanne Fairbrother

Thanks will try that now. Where does it show me in the app what the total is for an employee. The only way I realised I had done something wrong is when I logged into my Gov and my figures didn't match my myob. How do I make sure I have not done an error on another employee tax.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

You'll find the YTD totals for each employee in their profile. Go into the 'Employee' section in the app, select a particular employee and you'll see the 
'Pay Summary' option which will display their YTD balances.
(see my screenshot below for an example)

Joanne Fairbrother

I do not have this page.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

If you don't have the Pay Summary section, its more than likely that you haven't updated to the latest version of the app as yet.

Please check if you have any updates available in Google Play for download.

Please note, the pay summary shows the YTD for the current financial year.
(Edited)

Joanne Fairbrother

Is there a summary page at all? For the end of financial year for each person?

Joanne Fairbrother

There is no end of the year summary on my screen.

Joanne Fairbrother

I have also done a update and rechecked and it is still the same
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 83,486 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Which version of the app are you using? You'll find the version number in the 'Settings' section in the app.

Joanne Fairbrother

Version 1.2.0 and I have updated it this morning.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

v1.2.0 is still an older version. You need to be on version 1.3.1 or higher.
Check Google Play if there is still an update available for you to install.

Failing that, follow this process in full; log out of the app and close it down ie. swipe it away from your running apps. Open the app and you'll be asked to login, do NOT login and just wait for about a minute, the app will update in the background.
Close the app in full again, ie. swipe it away and then reopen.

You'll see the version number has updated on the login screen.

Joanne Fairbrother

Now i have the current update and can see the summary page I have noticed in error in an employee records summary states $10725.00 as gross pay and my records show $10,140.00 also the super is out as well. How do I change this to equal my records?

Joanne Fairbrother

The second person who's summary statement is wrong as well is exactly double the income so it has been entered twice.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

You can create and send an adjustment from the app. In the pay run section of the app, select the blue + symbol and choose 'New Adjustment'.
You can create a negative adjustment to remove the difference in the figures for the respective employees.

Joanne Fairbrother

so if I adjust it by $585.00 there is no minus button. So is it going to go up in Gross Pay or minus in Gross Pay there is nothing that tells me what it is going to do before I go to continue to declaration. Or does adjustment mean minus verses adding to pay run adding to the gross figure. 

Joanne Fairbrother

Can you please confirm adjustment means minus?

Joanne Fairbrother

Please I would like to finish my end of year for myself and employee. Can I have an answer to they can do their tax please.

Joanne Fairbrother

I need some serious help as my 2019-2020 records are all wrong and it looks like it is including last year on the summary page. I ended up doing the correction in the adjustment and now it shows more on the summary statement!!!!!!!! Please there needs to be better support for people starting to use this system.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Joanne,
An adjustment can be positive or negative, you need to apply it to your individual situation you're in and determine what kind of adjustment you need to send to put right the figures you've sent incorrectly. For the app to allow a negative adjustment you need to select the appropriate date range it applies to AND it will only negatively adjust a balance IF there has already been something sent previously that it take away from.

Joanne Fairbrother

The summary for this financial year is not accurate and it shows the same as what I earnt last year. I can not do an adjustment as I have not created a pay run for that amount as yet. How do I change this?

Joanne Fairbrother

It should only be $300.00 for this year so far! 

When I logged into the app again just now it asked how much I have earnt for this year. I entered the info and it has taken away the $19000.00 it had in the summary page that was an error. It is still not correct showing $900.00 and it should only show $300.00

How come I can not go in and look at transaction Summary for 2018-2019 as these records are not correct and I have tried to correct but it is not working for me. 

Joanne Fairbrother

This is also incorrect and should only be $585.00 for this year and not $10920.00 I have only completed 3 pay runs for this financial year and this is what is showing.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Joanne,
The pay summary tab uses what you've input when the app asked if there's any YTD balance paid to the employee and then any payrun submissions for the current financial year period. Remember, the crucial element here for STP submissions is the paid date.

The app will NOT show the previous year pay summary, it can only show the current financial year.

Joanne Fairbrother

ok so how do I change my records as they are wrong for last year!!!!! If I can not see it how can i do an adjustment on the day? How can I change this years figures as I obviously have done something wrong to start with! Is there a trigger so I can reset the pay amounts to date so far? 

Joanne Fairbrother

Please can I just talk to someone I am sure it will only be no more than 10 minutes to sort this out instead of going back and forth trying to understand how to fix this problem. I am sure once this is done it will be easy to work out from there. I have been trying to fix this problem now for 2 weeks and it is really unacceptable when I have had the same problem all along.

Joanne Fairbrother

Please can I have a reply.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

If you need to create an adjustment for the last financial year then you need to create an adjustment with the date of 30 June 2019.
The app does not show you the pay summary for the previous financial year however the pay runs themselves are still in your list. You need to review the date you've sent and if required compare them with what has been received on the MyGov end to correct any errors.

I'm not following how this has gone so wrong and what you actually need to correct to get things back in line at this point. There is way too much to decipher in all of the above so can you do me a favour and sum it up EXACTLY what you need to correct in a few bullet points please.
(Edited)

Joanne Fairbrother

Did you  actually read my posts... could I talk to someone and this would be cleared up pretty quickly I am sure. The problem with going back and forth is we are missing something in the translation. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Yes I did read your posts Joanne. Like I said, I don't know how this has gone so wrong for you.
There isn't phone support for the app so please do me a favour and sum it up EXACTLY what you need to correct in a few bullet points please.

Joanne Fairbrother

1. My Gov says not tax Ready for 2018-2109  even though everything has been submitted.
2. My Gov is showing 2019-2020 figures as $19825.30
3. Summary page on reckon for 2019-2020 is showing $900.00
4. I have only made one pay fun on the 4th of July for $300.00 and not $900.00 or $19825.30 as showing on my gov account.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

What's your ABN you've registered to the app Joanne?

Joanne Fairbrother

I have two ABN 
1. Back to Basics Health Solutions -
2. ABN 45165367834 yes registered with ATO
3. 1 employee Joanne Fairbrother  
4. It shows on my pay run one payment for $300.00 on the 4th of July and in my GOV it shows $900.00. Also in MYGOV 2018-2019 totals are not correct either. I have tried to adjust it. On the app it only shows one payrun on the 20/06/19 for $300.00 as I obviously submitted a total when I started the app originally. 

Second company
1. Robynn Morros  College of Natural Medicine Trust
2. ABN 92547969213 - yes registered with ATO
3. Problem it is showing June Toovey in Pay Summary this year $10,920.00 and  In pay runs she has only had entries on 25/07/19 $195.00  18/07/19 $195.00 11/07/19 $195.00
4. Problem payment summary does not equal entries I have entered.

5. Joanne Morro employee - problem payment summary shows $4200.00 for this financial year and no entries have been entered for this person this year.

Joanne Fairbrother

Rav are you able to access my info at all and take a look at what is happening?
Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

• 1,212 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
If $19825.30 is the correct gross pay for 2018-19, you can submit a $1 final pay run to make it ‘tax ready ‘.
It is odd that the 2019-20 gross pay is also $19825.30. Please check Business Portal which shows all pay runs processed by the ATO.

Joanne Fairbrother

How do I cancel using Reckon I have decided there are easier companies than this program and more flexible to use. Please advise what I have to do to delete your company. Do I contact ATO or direct through reckon?

Joanne Fairbrother

Is it possible to receive an answer on how to cancel this program and delete my records as the data on my gov and app are not the same and I am tired of trying to sort it out. I have just spent an hour with my accountant trying to fix the problems and so far it just creates more issues.