Undo and update the last payrun but nothing change in STP to send update

Mic Micky
Mic Micky Member Posts: 6
edited May 2020 in Reckon One
Hi,

I have done all my April payrun (4 payruns), they were paid and submitted to STP.
My next payrun will be 4 May.
To do the Jobkeeper flag by 30 April. I did undo the last payrun (20-26 Apr) and add JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 to the allowance to flag the first fortnight payment as they suggest from Reckon FAQ.I’ve already processed my April pays. What can I do to register for JobKeeper?

After amended Jobkeeper allowance and click on "Finish Payrun", nothing change in Single Touch Payroll for the last payrun (like nothing change/update in the last payrun), also no update box after employee name to tick, no "Update Send" option to resubmit to STP...

I repeated the undo payrun step many times but it look like it doesn't work.
I'm not sure what I did wrong?

Or do you think I should do a new unscheduled payrun for 20-26Apr (same period as the last payrun) instead, and add JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 (with no other gross payment) and submit to STP, will this work?

Comments

• Linda Benfield
    Linda Benfield Member Posts: 75
    edited April 2020
    Hi Mic, 

After you amended the payrun to include OBKEEPER-START-FN01 ....

Did you go to Single Touch Payroll In Reckon One (Not Gov Connect) click on the payrun that was amended, and the click "Set to Draft", then re-click on  "Send to GovConnect STP" ??

Then Launch GovConnect and check the detail before submitting to OBKEEPER-START-FN01

Just confirming that you did that step.

Linda
  • Mic Micky
    edited April 2020
    Thank you Linda!
    "Set to Draft" is a key to fix my problem as I could not find an update box before
    Already submitted the update event with JOBKEEPER-START_FN01

Thanks!
  • G. Daniels
    G. Daniels Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2020
    Hi Mic, when you updated last week's payrun, you only included the FN1? How did you do with the FN2? Can you please give me a screenshot of the update you've done? Thanks :)
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    You only use FN01 when you start to indicate what fortnight you are beginning with, don’t use subsequent ones
  • G. Daniels
    edited May 2020
    Hi Kris, thank you for the reply. Can you elaborate this further?

We have two employees qualified for the jobkeeper.

First employee has been working since the start. So the way we do for her update is

JOBKEEPER-START-FN01
    JOBKEEPER-TOPUP          <AMOUNT>  
    For the amount will be the total amount for the 2 fortnights? Is that what you mean?

For the second employee, we brought her back on the last week of the second fortnight. Will this be the same as above? Or a different one?

JOBKEEPER-START-FN01
    JOBKEEPER-TOPUP         <AMOUNT>
    The amount means the total mount of $3000 minus the payment of the week we paid her?

JOBKEEPER-START-FN01    $1500
    JOBKEEPER-START-FN02
    JOBKKEPER-TOPUP             $750

Which scenario 1 or 2?

Thank you.
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    The FN codes relate to what fortnight Jobkeeper is starting from, if the 2nd employee was not eligible for the first fortnight you will use FN02 only plus the topup. She may still be eligible from FN01, you have to check the criteria, I don’t want to mislead you
  • G. Daniels
    edited May 2020
    thanks Kris. Where will we check the criteria?

So for the first employee we have to do the update this way?

JOBKEEPER-START-FN01
    JOBKEEPER-TOPUP                   <AMOUNT>
    JOBKEEPER-START-FN02
    JOBKKEEPER-TOPUP                 <AMOUNT>

To indicate the 2 fortnights?
  • Mic Micky
    edited May 2020
    Hi Daniels,

I think you need to identify the eligible employer only one time, using FN code of the week that the employer start receiving Jobkeeper. You don't need to identify JOBKEEPER-START-FN again on the next payrun until the employee stop being eligible, then you use JOBKEEPER-FINISH-FN to notify ATO

In your case, 
    First employee
    JOBKEEPER-START-FN01
    JOBKEEPER-TOPUP

Second employee
    JOBKEEPER-START-FN02
    JOBKEEPER-TOPUP

Both of your employees can be identified in different JOBKEEPER-START-FN code in the same payrun.

Each eligible employees may have different FN code for starting period of Jobkeeper but you need to do it once to flag the start eligible week.

I hope this help :)

• G. Daniels
    edited May 2020
    Hi Mic, thank you for your reply.

I am clear with the first employee. She needs to be paid the TOPUP for the 2 fortnights.

For the second employee, what you mean is, since she started working on the second fortnight, I need to use the FN02 code. But her TOPUP will be the $1500 for the first fortnight and any subsequent short fall for the second fortnight?

So, I am going to undo last week's payrun to include these required TOPUPs, am I right? 

Another question is, will I need to use the FNXX codes ongoingly for the rest of the payruns during jobkeeper period?
  • Mic Micky
    edited May 2020
    ok, I understand what you mean now
    Your second employee is qualify on FN01 but started working on FN02

In my opinion, i agree with your scenario 1 (from your previous comment)

JOBKEEPER-START-FN01
    JOBKEEPER-TOPUP ($3000 minus the actual payment of the weeks you paid her)

You have to use JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 as she is qualify Jobkeeper since FN01, and you will get reimburse from FN01, Then you use TOPUP for amount of FN01 (which is full amount of $1500) plus FN02 ($1500 minus actual pay)

You don't need to use the FN code for the rest of the payrun, you only needs to notify START to ATO once per eligible employee. And you notify to ATO again when you stop paying Jobkeeper to employee by using JOBKEEPER-FINISH-FNXX

:)

• G. Daniels
    edited May 2020
    Thank you very much Mic. You have cleared my mind. lol

My last query (for the rest of the jobkeeper period) is if an employee earns a genuine wage of less than $750 per week, do I only make up the short fall as a TOPUP payment in the Allowance section? Or, do I just enter her wage to make it $750 exactly?
  • Mic Micky
    edited May 2020
    Glad to help :)

My understanding, you should pay the short fall of $750 per week as a JOBKEEPER-TOPUP on each payrun.

• G. Daniels
    edited May 2020
    Thank you Mic! :)