Unrecoverable Error 13980 79349

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
I am getting an unrecoverable error (1398079349) every time I go want to create an Estimate, and even if I want to check the details of an existing one.  This has been occurring since I upgraded to Accounts Pro 2014.  An ideas as this is very frustrating
Photo of Ann Brinck

Ann Brinck

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant

Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 13,102 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Hi Ann,

I would try either a rebuild of your data file (file drop down menu > utilities) or alternatively you may need to uninstall and reinstall.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

Photo of Lesley Xerri Accredited Consultant

Lesley Xerri Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 1,082 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ann,
This has been a post on our AP Forum also.  The development team are working on this, should have a resolution soon.
Lesley
Photo of Luke

Luke

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How are the team going. We are also having the same problem with two different databases. All since the upgrade... done rebuild/repairs etc...
Photo of Maggie Curtis - Accredited Consultant

Maggie Curtis - Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We are also experiencing this problem with a brand new datafile in RA 2014 Premier Contractor Edition when we are clicking on Sales Orders from the home screen and top drop down list.  Does anyone have any answers yet?????
Photo of Dayle O'Callaghan - Accredited Consultant

Dayle O'Callaghan - Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 474 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Further to this issue we have done some additional testing and identified the issue is only occurring on PC's running XP.
Photo of Luke

Luke

We use Quickbooks on XP and Windows 7. Issue happens on both platforms.

Thanks Luke, we have been unable to replicate it in Windows 7 as yet - must have been lucky! We have sent a QBwinlog to Reckon and await response.
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Guys, here is the update I've obtained from our Product Management and Development teams.

We are collecting data from users getting these errors and trying to replicate to find a common cause. Like Dayle, we are struggling to replicate the issue thus require as much information as possible from those that are having this experience. ^Mirko

(Edited)

Thanks Mirko, we sent dev a load of additional info late yesterday at their request, just to clarify there is no difficulty replicating it on XP, just in Win7 (for us anyway).
Photo of Ryan Marshall

Ryan Marshall

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Any updates on this error???
Photo of Maggie Curtis - Accredited Consultant

Maggie Curtis - Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Ryan, We followed up with Reckon yesterday and the developers are still working on this.
Photo of Ryan Marshall

Ryan Marshall

Hi Maggie, any more updates on this error?
Photo of Ryan Marshall

Ryan Marshall

We haven't been able to locate what triggers this but it happens many times per day
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Hey Ryan, at this point in time it is still with our developers who are also struggling to find an exact trigger, to the point where they are struggling to replicate the error. As soon as I get more info, I'll share it with you all here.
Photo of Belinda

Belinda

I too have been experiencing the same error code since upgrading to 2014. At first our numerous phone calls to support showed no such error code and that we must have been mistaken, although it was there in clear sight. Although this is the most common error code we experience since the upgrade, this is not the only one that does pop up either. 

Anything and everything triggers it...
  * Create a sales order - Crash
  * Create an invoice - Crash
  * Open a previous transaction - Crash
  * Open the next transaction from a report too quickly - Crash

So far I have had no reports from my colleague of it crashing during accounts payable transactions, or payroll though.

It's really temperamental as well. Some days I will get 10-20 transactions (sales orders and/or invoices) in before it crashes, other days (like today) I am getting 1-3 invoices in before it crashes, but could enter 15-20 sales orders in just prior without a single hiccup.

We are running XP also.

We have rebuilt, reinstalled, created a portable file, selected single window view, and tried different computer drive locations to save the file. None have helped or fixed the solution. And when you are working to a deadline, having the file crash more often than not it is completely frustrating, and time consuming.
(Edited)
Photo of Belinda

Belinda

Any follow up information from Reckon on this error?
I have started to log each crash I have per day, and currently I have had 14 crashes within 4 hours today.
Last week I logged 32 crashes over a two day (12 hour period).
As you can see the error is relentless...

Hi All,
The latest we have received from Reckon is that RA14 is not supported on XP and therefore upgrading is required, however we have gone back to Reckon on this as Luke has mentioned above that it is occurring on his Win 7 and we are hesitant to advise a costly upgrade if the issue can still occur on Win 7. We have been advised that Reckon are looking into this, however if there is anyone else getting the error occurring on Win 7 or higher, can you please let Reckon know. 
Photo of Luke

Luke

Hi, At one store we have had to convert our XP machine to Windows 7 due to hardware failure. However I have been told it still crashes. Will try and get them to capture it when it happens again, could be a different problem who knows. We did have another problem and that is the replacement machine is unable to HOST the file (claims firewall issues, so we opened firewall right up, but still can not host/share the file, we have to do this on another qb machine).

Thanks Luke for your response, our client is living with it for now, while they do more testing on Win 7 to make sure it doesn't occur on it before upgrading.   
Photo of officerdick27 .

officerdick27 .

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

My company is using Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 pro, we are experiencing it more on the windows 8 machines but its not limited to it.

Thanks, I will follow up again with Reckon today.
Photo of officerdick27 .

officerdick27 .

Hi Dayle, have you had any more information from Reckon?
Photo of Belinda

Belinda

Any follow up information from Reckon on this error?
I have started to log each crash I have per day, and currently I have had 16 crashes within 4 hours today.
Last week I logged 32 crashes over a two day (12 hour) period.
As you can see the error is relentless...
(Edited)

Hi All,

Our client updated from XP to Windows 7 and so far no replication of the error, however I understand this is not the case for everyone. We can only suggest you test your datafile on a Windows 7 PC, to see how it performs & see whether a system upgrade will work for you. The latest we have been advised from Reckon is that they are looking at possibly addressing this error in the next product release.  
Photo of officerdick27 .

officerdick27 .

I'm sorry? The next product release? Another 6 months with continuous crashes? That's unacceptable. Why is it that Reckon have not yet responded directly to this thread? Will start looking into MYOB EXO if this is the case
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

Issue has only be replicated by our development team on WinXP which is not a supported OS. We have not been able to replicate the issue on any of the supported OS's. Could you let me know more about your PC setups? email me at community@reckon.com with your system settings, the versions of the OS's and which Anti-Virus, firewall etc software your are using. A screenshot of the error would also help. I'd then forward this onto our Devs as this information may help isolate the cause of the issue.
Photo of officerdick27 .

officerdick27 .

Hi Mirko,
I have just emailed through today's first crash.
Regards,
Adam
Photo of Ryan Marshall

Ryan Marshall

• 70 Points
Very Disapointing answer: Issue has only be replicated by our development team on WinXP which is not a supported OS.
I have a solution, Reckon revert to the previous release? or Refund?
i find it very suspicious Reckon can make a program work with windows XP for many years and now all of a sudden cannot (will not) fix
Photo of Ryan Marshall

Ryan Marshall

• 70 Points
I have another idea....maybe if the Windows XP error was fixed, it would also fix the Windows 7 error? And Reckon would not be wasting everyone's time trying to replicate the error
Photo of Dave Rickards

Dave Rickards

Recon don't seem to give two hoots about this, or the many other issues in 2014.  I am a long time user of this software, but I have been searching and trialing other solutions with a view to switching next financial year.

If Recon was not so reluctant to fix their problems I might stick with it, but I am over it now.  I will try the new release that they are saying will fix all our woes, but I will have a plan B because I think I will need it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.