Unrecoverable Error message when exiting Reckon AccountsPlus 2013

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I am running Reckon AccountsPlus 2013 and when exiting Reckon I receive an Unrecoverable Error message. This only started about one month ago. I have run Verify and it indicates that no problem was found with the data. Is someone able to assist me with eliminating this error message? Thank you, Therese
Photo of Therese

Therese

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,290 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Therese,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

The crash indicates there is an error in the file even if the Verify did not locate any.  You should re-sort all you Lists, Rebuild, run Verify again and examine the QBWin.log file and follow up on any errors found there.  A full guide is available here.

regards,
John.
Photo of Therese

Therese

Hi John and thank you very much for the reply and the guide details.  I have run the Rebuild and Verify utilities twice during the last week and no error messages were displayed and there wasn't anything in the QBWin file that looked like the guide example.  Sadly though the Unrecoverable Error message is still displaying intermittently when I exit Reckon.  It is causing me a particular problem but as I'm not sure what is causing it, it is still concerning.  Would you have any other suggestions? Thank you, Therese
Photo of John G

Thanks Therese,

Next step is to backup to a Portable Company File (*.QBM) and restore it.  
Does it make any difference?

Does Reckon Accounts crash when you carry out a particular function or when working with a particular Item, Account, Customer or Supplier?

regards,
John
Photo of Therese

Therese

Thanks very much John. Do I restore the portable file over the top of the existing company? Ta
Photo of John G

Hello Therese,

You can if you wish.  I prefer to create a new file name and move the old file to another folder.  When I am happy with the new file and have a backup then I'll delete the old one.  

regards,
John.