Unrecoverable error when trying to send forms

Kellie Cockerell
Kellie Cockerell Member Posts: 25
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi
Since upgrading to Outlook 2016 over the last few weeks we have been getting crash comm errors when sending forms.  Invoices were sent ok then once I clicked on the error message reckon would close.  No big dram I can deal with that.

Now today when I try to send forms I get an unrecoverable error message & can't send my form as reckon closes.

I have tried various suggestions from knowledgebase articles however this has had any affect.  I have verified & rebuilt with no issues found, re started computer, restored previous backups & the issue still happens.

Any suggestions please, I need to get my statement out for 3 companies using the program.

Thanks
Kellie 

Comments

• Anton Strauss
    Anton Strauss Member Posts: 98
    edited October 2017
    by sending forms, do you mean sending invoices? or statements?

which version Reckon? which OS?
  • Kellie Cockerell
    edited October 2017
    Yes sending invoices & statements.
    We are using Business Premier 2017 desktop, windows 7 64bit
  • Anton Strauss
    edited October 2017
    can you confirm that you empty the Temp folder daily?

right click desktop, new shortcut, type %Temp% and click ok

now you will see the temp folder on the desktop, open it and select all and delete

one or two files you may need to say skip because they are used by antivirus programs

then try Reckon again
  • Kellie Cockerell
    edited October 2017
    I was unaware of that, I have done that & still getting error.  I was wondering if it had anything to do with pdf converters because I don't have the reckon pdf converter as an option to print to (previously it would randomly default to Reckon V5 pdf converter for printing even from another program).  If I select another pdf printer it crashes as well.

• Anton Strauss
    edited October 2017
    in Devices and Printers, only one Reckon Printer v5 should exist, see attached

meanwhile, to get you out of trouble while you are solving this, download cute pdf writer (free)
    http://www.cutepdf.com/download/CuteWriter.exe

then install cute pdf writer

then open Reckon, open an invoice to be mailed and click print, select cute pdf as printer and it will ask you for file name and place to save the pdf

then use your email program to send the invoice by attaching the one created by cute pdf

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited October 2017
    Hello Kellie,

It'll be best to delete all your Reckon PDF Converters and re-install the Reckon Accounts V5 PDF Converter.  See this article for a guide.  You could also call Technical Support to have a representative help you through the process.  

regards,
    John
  • Kellie Cockerell
    edited October 2017
    Thanks, tried all suggestions, still an issue.  I will call Tech Support when I have time.