Unwanted message on PDF's

Mark_9766087
Mark_9766087 Member Posts: 25
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Would you please tell me how to create a pdf (for example an invoice), that I want to save to my hard drive so I can email it with a personalized message from Outlook.

Since the 2018 update it provides the following message on pdf's.

"This document is trying to print. Do you want to allow this?"

If I email the pdf to a client, the client sees the above unwanted message which comes across as unprofessional.

What is the solution?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Mark.  Instead of saying Yes say No.  Then you will end up with a PDF and you can do whatever you like with it, including printing it after viewing it.  I personally never say Yes, because I want control over what happens.
    John L G
  • Mark_9766087
    edited July 2020
    Thanks John for your response. If I say no, the message still appears whenever the pdf is opened after it has been saved to my hard drive. I will check with a client next week and determine what happens when they click yes or no on the unwanted message, and will update the post next week.
  • John Graetz
    edited August 2018

That is very weird Mark.  After you say NO and it opens up in Adobe and you view it, does the message appear at that point?  Or, at that point, if you print it, does that message appear on your printed copy?

If it does, then you have another one of these strange aberrations which crop up for isolated users.  I have one with pay slips for one company where it wants to print two pay slips instead of one.
    John L G
  • Mark_9766087
    edited July 2020
    Thanks John for your interest in trying to get to the bottom of this.

In order to provide a complete understanding, this is the process -
    Click print,
    message comes up "printing your report",
    Print doc appears with my printer details, the options are o.k. or cancel,
    It doesn't matter which option is chosen in terms of saving the pdf, the result is the same.
    I then save the document as a pdf to my hard drive,
    When the pdf document is accessed in the hard drive the unwanted message appears "This document is trying to print. Do you want to allow this?"
    This is the unintended consequence and it carries forward to recipients of emails containing the pdf.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Mark,
    Print doc appears with my printer details, the options are o.k. or cancel
    At this point in the process, change the printer destination to 'Save as PDF', save it and then open it.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Graetz
    edited August 2018
    Mark.  Your steps seem to be completely different to what I experience.  Will be interested to see if what Rav has suggested works for you.  If not, give me a ring on 0428 695454.
    John L G
  • Mark_9766087
    edited July 2020
    Thanks fellas for your advice. I have tried Rav's suggestion but there is no save as pdf option ... i selected the closest option "Microsoft print to pdf" but the problem remains.

I have to work on a project this afternoon but can look at it again early next week, and take some screenshots if you like. John, can I email you the screenshots next week as it might give a better picture of what is going on?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    That's interesting, yes would be keen to see some screenshots or a screen capture of the process you're going through. If you could pop them up on here as well that'd be great.

Check out my screen capture of the process I'm going through here where the message doesn't appear. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Graetz
    edited August 2018
    Mark.  That will be fine. I am also happy to have the phone call with you and go through your process, step by step.  I think that I might have an idea as to what is happening or what you might be doing differently. john.graetz@bigpond.com
    John L G
  • Mark_9766087
    edited August 2018
    I've taken screen prints and emailed to John (don't have Rav's address but John may forward it on if desired) for you to look at during the week, Thanks