update file

Options
Jeff Worme
Jeff Worme Member Posts: 8
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Get to 85% then get gateway failed. Have had no luck for days updating to 2018. Any ideas.

Comments

• Jeff Worme
    edited August 2018
    Options
    don't have desktop. 
  • Jeff Worme
    edited August 2018
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can not update to 2018. I have 5 files four of which have updated to 2018 no problems yet the largest file will not update. Get to 99% then the backup fails. Have tried everything. Different computers etc. Any ideas.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Options
    How large is the largest file?

Do you usually perform maintenance of these files?

Additional info -
    Reckon Accounts is frozen and taking a long time to backup. Not responding when doing the file backup

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Jeff - read my post in this thread https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/how-long-does-it-take-to-backup around using the Portable copy of a file to upgrade your datafile to 2018.  :)

Although I realise that you are now not able to open the file in 2017 - maybe you have 2017 Enterprise on your Desktop still?  you could download the file from there?

The other alternative is to make sure that the backup options are set to NO Validation (this is what takes all the time) - then just walk away and leave it - please note - when it says Not Responding - it has not failed - its just doing its thing - if you leave it for a few hours it will finish....but don't click around or on it - that will make it crash... just let it go...