update prices problem

Carljh
Carljh Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
Today when I updated my prices in Personal Plus 2015, the total value of my account dropped by around $190000.00 when the actual share prices went up.  Looks like another wonderful problem with this crap software!  Please fix urgently.

Comments

• gavin.nicholson.au
    gavin.nicholson.au Member Posts: 78
    edited February 2015
    I find that sometimes when I am clicking on the share price in the portfolio view some randm price gets deposited, sometimes it is the value from above or below. Have a close look and see if any one price is causing this for you and just fix that one. If that isn't it I am out of ideas
  • Dan Fardon
    Dan Fardon Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2017

I key in my share prices manually monthly from my local newspaper monthly, or more often if a major event happens. I also have a dummy index which equals a fixed fraction of the All Ords divided by a fixed fraction of the total value of our share portfolio. This index gives me an indication of how the cash value of our share portfolio is running compared with other indicators.

The Day Change column warns me instantly if I have made a large error in keying in a share price.

Dan Fardon 

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Carl, this sounds like very strange behaviour - no one else has reported this occuring. Is it still occurring for you today? Have you tried closing and reopening the data file and/or restarting your PC - does this make a difference?
This discussion has been closed.