update tax tables for 1.10.2016

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I have received an email from the Tax Office to say that there will be new Tax Tables from 1 October 2016. When will these be available for me to download to my company file?
Photo of Finance Officer

Finance Officer

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 70,964 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi there,

We'll be in touch with all users directly very shortly with full details regarding the updated PAYG tax tables.

Details will also be made available here on the Community as soon as possible.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Tony Cox

Tony Cox

• 70 Points
Hi Rav, I have Reckon Accounts Hosted The new tax tables are supposed to have been automatically loaded but mine still says 1/7/16. Do I need to do something? Need to do pays TODAY (Sunday) Urgent need reply
(Edited)
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

• 2,348 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi with regards to this tax table update, should Accounts Hosted have been updated automatically?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Jo-Anne,

Yes the tax table update in October 2016 was applied automatically in Hosted. There is no action required for the user.

In order to check and confirm this, select:
Employees > Tax Table Information > Tax Table Info (It's important that you click this button)

You'll be presented a screen which will show the following -

Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

Morning Rav, thank you. I have checked this info and it does not say *contains changes which came into effect on 1st October 2016*. It would appear something had gone wrong with the update. How do I rectify this? Jo-Anne
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

That sounds very odd Jo-Anne!

It should be automatic for all Hosted subscribers. Can you please give us a buzz when you've got a chance so we take a closer look into this with you.
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

Hi Rav, yes I will call later when I get a chance. The problem is with one employee who has salary sacrifice . Reckon is deductibg too much payg tax
Photo of Lesley Xerri Accredited Consultant

Lesley Xerri Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 1,082 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jo-anne, please check that in the Salary Sacrifice Item setup the PAYG Tax check box is ticked - it's a kind of negative/reverse tax - not really sure how to explain that!
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

Hi Lesley, thank you for that. I have checked and it is ticked. Below is details of one of the pay runs:
Gross $966.00
Salary Sacrifice $-25.00
PAYG Tax $-193.00
Net $748.00
Tax on $941 (966-25) should be $162 according to the weekly tax table (NAT1005) for payments made on or after 1 October 2016

Hi Jo-anne, there has to be something wrong in the setup of the Payroll Item or Employee record.  I cannot replicate this problem and if you look at the tax tables for 1 July 2015 and 1 October 2016 both tax amounts are $162.
Does the employee have extra tax deducted? 

I've replicated it!!!!!!!!!!!!  Whilst you must have PAYG Tax ticked for Salary Sacrifice, you should NOT have PAYG Tax ticked for 9.5% Super Items - you are taxing the Super Guarantee!  Take this tick off and all will work fine!!
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

Hi Lesley I have changed setup per your instructions. but i have the following result:
gross $966
SS -$25
PAYG -$193
Net $748.00
PAYG tax is still incorrect
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

I have set up a new employee to test this and used all of the information as with the employee with the problem
and it is all okay. there appears to be a gliche with the employee who has the SS. Any ideas?

Did you try using the same Super Guarantee Item on the new employee, or did you create a new one?  Try using the same one and see if it happens
Photo of JO-ANNE

JO-ANNE

I think I've solved the problem. Went through each payroll item and found the super item was incorrect. I have changed it now and it appears to be okay. I will do a couple of test runs to see how it goes. Thank you for your help

You're welcome!
Photo of Trevor Watson

Trevor Watson

• 1,426 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled New tax tables from 1 October 2016.

Hi

Just received an email from the ATO stating new tax tables apply from October 2016. I'm running RAP:Contractor 2016 Release R2P with tax table version 1617252 - do I have to do anything or am I already covered for the new tax tables.

Thanks

Trevor

Edit: Didn't see the post by Finance Officer (https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/update-tax-tables-for-1-10-2016) until I'd made this post and it showed up as a related post. The search facility (searching for tax tables) only showed posts relating to prior years with the newest being a year ago. Please merge with Finance Officers question.
Photo of Leanne

Leanne

• 954 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled October 2016 Tax Tables.

Hi
Does anyone know when the new tax tables will be available on Reckon. I just received an update from the ATO to say they need to be used from 1st October.

thanks
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Leanne,

I've moved your post to this related thread.

Details on this shouldn't be too far off, we'll be in touch with users with full info directly via email.

We'll also have info on the Community as soon as it's available.

Cheers
Rav
(Edited)
Photo of Felicity Van

Felicity Van

• 1,208 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Any news on this yet? First pay is next week, I will need new tables before I process.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Felicity,

The updated tax tables have just been released for the Payroll Premier product.
INFO - https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/payroll-premier-1st-october-tax-table-update

Our other product ranges, Desktop, Hosted and Reckon One will follow this week. I believe the Desktop range will be receiving their update tomorrow barring any unforeseen issues.

We'll be in touch via email with the full info for each respective product once everything is ready to go :)

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Felicity Van

Felicity Van

Awesome - thank you!
Photo of Kaylene Varcoe

Kaylene Varcoe

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled ATO announced new Payg Withholding rates apply from 1/10/16.

With regards to the ATO's announced Payg Tax Withholding which takes affect on 1/10/16, I am enquirying as to why we have not received any nofitication that there will be new tax tables to download. Please see link to the ato News Room attached https://www.ato.gov.au/Newsroom/small...
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Kaylene,

I've moved your post to this related thread. Did you receive the email sent through on Friday last week to advise tax table updates are coming this week?

The new tax update is now live for Payroll Premier, INFO - https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/payroll-premier-1st-october-tax-table-update

Our Reckon Accounts Business range (Desktop), Reckon Accounts Hosted and Reckon One will be following shortly.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Tony Cox

Tony Cox

• 70 Points
Hi, I Have Reckon Accounts Hosted The new tax tables are supposed to have been automatically loaded but mine still says 1/7/16. Do I need to do something? Need to do pays TODAY... Can't get any support on weekend
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Tony,

You don't need to do anything, the tax table update with Hosted was seamless and requires no action on users' part.

Employees > Tax Table Information > Click the Tax Table Info button

You should see the following screen which states the 1st October changes are in effect.

Photo of Allison Muscat

Allison Muscat

• 60 Points
I have Reckon Premier Contractor Edition 2016 and I've been trying to install the Updated October 2016 Tax Table but it keeps telling me it won't do it because I need a Reckon R2 Version.  Tried calling Technical Service but keep getting cut off
Photo of Trevor Watson

Trevor Watson

• 1,426 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Allison

In RA open "File" menu then select "Update Reckon Accounts..." dowload and install the 2016 update released "22 June 2016" then install the newest update.
Photo of Felicity Van

Felicity Van

still have not received any notification via email - how do I update the tax tables???? I am using Accounts Enterprise 2016
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

That's really strange, I'm really sorry to hear that Felicity!

Is there any chance you may have unsubscribed from our emails at some point in the past?

Check out my other post here regarding the new tax tables for the desktop Reckon Accounts Business range -
https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-accounts-business-1st-october-tax-table-update

Rav
Photo of Felicity Van

Felicity Van

not that I am aware of... but in case something weird has happened, how do I resubscribe?
we still don't have new tax tables in Hosted, it is now the 11oct. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Kwikbooks,

The tax table update has already been applied to Hosted and no action is required on your part.

Please check out this earlier post to check your Hosted version is running the current tax update.

Let me know if there are any issues

Cheers
Rav
yes there are issues, which ;is why I check, I know I don't need to do anything and they should be loaded.

I logged into hosted last night and checked the tax tables, and they are still at 1/7/16
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Did you click the Tax Table Info button?

Doing so will display the screen shown in the example image below