Update to 2017 R2 not working!

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I'm trying to update to 2017 R2 version and every time I get to the backup step it takes FOREVER, well over an hour. Then every single attempt we have made has ended in the computer freezing then Reckon crashing. Please help - I need to do payroll today!!!
Photo of Kelly

Kelly

• 674 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,528 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kelly,

How long do your backups usually take to complete? Depending on your file size, backups can take some time to complete but there are some things you can do to improve the performance of your file -

How to improve the performance of your company file
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 64,528 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
In particular, I'd recommend looking at the TLG file and file fragments in the above KB
Photo of Kelly

Kelly

• 674 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'm trying to backup the 2016 version first, and it's been stuck on 58% for about half an hour now and this is where it crashed last time. I don't usually complete the backups so I'm not sure how regularly they are done. I will look into those suggestions IF it crashes again because I don't really want to exit now while it still seem to working.
Is there anyway around this for payroll today? ie. can the new tax tables be downloaded into the old version of Reckon?
Photo of Deborah Soelaiman

Deborah Soelaiman

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Kelly,

It could take hours.

Mine took me 4 hours to back up v2016 and another 4 hours for backup in v2017. It was stuck when it was 40% (approx. 30 minutes) and when it was 99% (approx. 1 hour).
Photo of Rachael Bourke

Rachael Bourke

• 70 Points

Hi Kelly

We too are having the same problem. After the Payroll lady spend hours this morning on hold with customer service, she was finally able to get on the system but us the other 8 staff members, still no access. Payroll lady is back on hold with customer service........