Updated to Reckon Accounts Plus 2020 and only opens in a sample company

Sue Kemp
Sue Kemp Member Posts: 18
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I know this is user error so sorry in advance - I've just updated to Reckon Accounts Plus 20 and now I'm trying to open my company file.  It normally goes straight into my company file. It seems to only open up in a sample company file.  I've tried to open an existing company file,  went to  the destination folder where installed and I get a host of folders.  I don't know which one it is and which folder to open - again I know its because I'm a novice - so sorry - thanks sue

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited June 2020
    Are you using Hosted or accounts plus?
  • Sue_10075371
    Sue_10075371 Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2020
    Hi Sue.  I also have just updated to Reckon Accounts Plus 20 (desktop).  I guess/hope you made a back up copy before you updated?  I chose the Restore option to reload my company file but you should be able to open the existing.  I think from you post that you are just having trouble distinguishing which is your most recent Company file.  When you are in Explorer (File Manager/My Computer) looking for your Company file, there should be some menus up the top - File, Home, Share, View.  Click on the View menu and select the Details option from Layout.  In this format you will be able to see the dates that the files/folders were saved.  You are looking for the latest file with the .QBW extension - mine is TNNsy3.QBW.  It has a red Reckon logo to the left and the file type will say Reckon Accounts Company File. Please note, this is for the desktop version of Reckon Accounts Plus 20, not Hosted.
  • Sue Kemp
    edited June 2020
    Hi Sue thanks for your info and I am using the desktop version of Accounts Plus 20. Lucky I back up everyday so I can restore the files.  I have done your suggestions and looked for the Company file but still cant find it.  I think I'll have to take it to my tech guy today.  Gotta Luv EOFY :)

• Wendy_6918952
    Wendy_6918952 Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2020
    I was using Reckon Hosted 2020 yesterday, but today, when I open 2020 and click on the company file, it reverts back to 2019 and won't open because 2019 has been upgraded.
    Wendy

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited June 2020
    In the Control Panel before opening either version, go to log off Remote sessions and log off all
  • glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Have you tried to restore from a backup?

• Sue Kemp
    edited June 2020
    Hi Glenda - I took it to my tech guy who has fixed the problem.  He found the file and restored my info, updated my tax table and now I'm back up and running - one happy camper !!!!!
  • glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    That’s great news. What would we do without tech guys.