Updating all casual pay rates

GoatyMcGoatBoat
GoatyMcGoatBoat Member Posts: 54
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi,

I have 24 casual staff at the moment, each with six different pay rates.  These pay rates have increased as of 1 July and I need to update them, however it seems the only way to do this is to go into each employee's info and update their rates, one employee at a time.  This will require significant time investment to update, however my main concern is that by the end of this financial year I expect to have over 100 staff so a rate rise on 1 July 2018 is going to take FOREVER to update.

Is there a way to bulk update pay rates for my casual staff?

Thanks.

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Yup that's what you need to do

However under the Fair Work Act if an casual employee has similar hours for 3 months then he/she should/can become Permanent/part time which means probably only one pay rate plus penalties, which will reduce your workload.

If you want to play fast & loose with the Fair Work Act then that's what you end up doing.

• GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited July 2017
    Let me worry about their employment conditions, I'm asking about updating the rates.

There has got to be a way to update these rates in bulk, surely?  It seems like a huge oversight for it to be set up this way...imagine having to do this for 500 or 1000 employees?  Seems ludicrous..

cheers
  • Charley
    edited July 2017

I'm a BAS/TAX Agent, I am required by law to tell you.

I've not yet found a way to do what you want in Reckon Hosted.

However if you use a specific Payroll program (including Reckon Payroll) a lot of them will update through the Awards but then you have a specific purely Payroll program to run payroll and another Accounting Program for full accounting but then the accounting program can import from the Payroll program into the accounting program. Reckon has this, I think.

But money, money money

• Charley
    edited July 2017

But then again, by connecting to the Awards and downloading the updated payrates, it will quite likely notice that Joe Bloggs has been employed as a Casual every week for the last two years and a pop up will happen telling you what I've just told you.

Sometimes technology can be a curse

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yes posting in bulk is not available. There is no tool or sdk as such . We are providing this service at a very budget fees to update say up to 500 employees .We have already done this for few As also developers there is no bulk tool If you need sone further insight you may call me on +61407068942

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited July 2017
    Charles, my employees work sporadically and under the fair work instruments they are deemed 'irregular,' therefore the permanent job offer requirements do not apply to them.  Let's keep this on topic thanks.

It seems really silly that I have X employees all on the same rates for normal time, Tx1.5, Tx2.0 etc, yet to update pay rates I have to do it for each individual staff member.  This is going to be an absolute nightmare next financial year.

Yet another simple failure by a ~$1000 piece of software, I'm pretty close to requesting a refund and going elsewhere.

Thanks for your input
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi there - I once sourced a product for a client that would allow easy updating of payrates and importing into Reckon... It was great - I have spent some time trying to find it again tonight and finally found a site you can check out!!! look at http://www.datahouse.com.au/payratemate.com.au/
    It is older but I cant see why it wouldnt work with the current version of Reckon - certainly worth a try?  Cheers Linda
  • cosmic
    edited June 2020
    Ohhh in tried to open that site my Avast came with a virus infection message.I could not open that link

Cosmic Accounting Group

• GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Linda but it's not going to take me $295 worth of time to update it this financial year..... maybe next time
  • GoatyMcGoatBoat
    edited July 2017
    LOL no problem at my end with Avast or AVG... business must be slow if you're resorting to this sort of thing in order to make the competition look bad.

I've told you before Chandra, I'm not interested in your products or services.  You're wasting your time commenting on my topics.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2017
    thats no good... I did email them and will let you know if I get a reply... I know the product worked well for a client with 120 staff and lots of changes to rates...
  • cosmic
    edited July 2017
    Hi Linda, you may want to talk to Kelly Dale AP , on this product, i spoke to her this morning.
    Love to discuss on this on phone . thks

Cosmic Accounting Group