updating from 2002

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
Updating from 2002 to a new version - I have been told that the Reckon Accounts Plus  2017 upgrade will be compatible with the 2002 and will do the same as what I am used to in 2002 is this correct and can I upgrade easily onto windows 10 computer at the moment I enter amounts from the bank statements in 2002
Photo of clara woodward

clara woodward

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 59,648 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Clara,
To upgrade from your current 2002 version you will need to perform a 'stepped upgrade' to ensure that your file is compatible with the new version.

Full info is available in the Reckon Accounts Business 2017 Installation & Upgrade Guide HERE
Photo of Data Rec

Data Rec, Employee

• 4,228 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi Clara,

The Reckon Accounts 2017 software can do as much and more than the older QuickBooks 2002 software. It also has integration functions that allow you to import bank statement data exported from your bank, saving you from manually entering them.

As Rav has indicated, your V2002 data file will need to be upgraded to the older V2003, then V2004, the V2007 formats before the Reckon Accounts Plus 2017 software would be able to finally upgrade it to V2017 format.

If you do not want to go through that process yourself, the Reckon Data Services Team can assist.

Fill out the request for assistance form on the webpage
https://www.reckon.com/au/data-services-request/

Regards,

Reckon Data Recovery Team