updating shares prices

Options
Janet Roberts
Janet Roberts Member Posts: 1
edited October 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
All my (Australian)  share prices update OK except CFX and LEPHC . Reckon 2013 doesn't seem to recognise them but they are both correct ASX codes.
Any ideas?

Comments

• hob_star
    hob_star Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2015
    Options

I have had a similar issue.  I was using the Australian Edition of Quicken Personal Plus 2012 (R1) and then upgraded to Quicken Personal Plus 2012 (R7).  I did this because I was getting some errors with the One Step Update function and the advice from the "Community" seem to suggest that I do this. 

After updating QW Personal Plus 2012 from R1 to R7 I am now unable to access Australian share prices through the One Step Update function. Only US share (stock) symbols are available. Under QW Personal Plus 2012 (R1) I could choose the Exchange from where to pull the share code but under QW Personal Plus 2012 (R7) it doesn't give me this option and simply defaults to the US Exchange. Note that I have checked my Quicken Online Service Licence and it's still valid for another six months so no issue there. 

It took me a while to understand the problem as a majority of my Australian shares have the same code as shares (stocks) in the US so Quicken's One Step Update was working fine but pulling down the wrong share prices (ugh). 

I have not been able to resolve the problem and despite searching high and low there seems to be very little (nothing) online about it.  

Essentially what I want to know is: -

1) Does Quicken Personal Plus 2012 (R7) support the online updating of Australian shares?

2) If Quicken Personal Plus 2012 (R7) does support the online updating of Australian shares, is this an option that needs to be turned on in the software somwehere, and if so how do you do this? 

I have since uninstalled Quicken Personal Plus 2012 (R7) and gone back to QW Personal Plus 2012 (R1) in order to be able to update Australian shares online through the One Step Update function.

Strangely enough, by returning to QW Personal Plus 2012 (R1) the original problem that resulted in me deciding to upgrade to QW Personal Plus 2012 (R7) has resolved itself ..... (but then that's software, right!!)

Despite the adage, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" my preference would still be to upgrade to QW Personal Plus 2012 (R7), but I will ONLY do this if Australian shares can be updated online as exists today in QW PP (R1).

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Hob_star, welcome to the Reckon Community. When you say you used R7 of Quicken 2012 it would indicate it is an US version of the software? If so it might be an idea to contact Intuit regarding this matter.
  • hob_star
    hob_star Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    Options

Dear Mirko, thanks for the message. Yes, I believe you're right - it looks like I did update/upgrade to the US version (Intuit). I appreciate the advice.