UPGRADE 2018 AND GET PRINTING PROBLEM

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited July 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
file cannot be opened. 'The file exists' when printing

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Hello Admin,
    I'd recommend checking out this KB article as a starting off point in relation to that error message -

Warning: The file you specified cannot be opened. The Windows error is: The file exists.

If its not quite right in terms of your situation, can you please provide more info and outline the process you're going through and at what point this error occurs.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the information emailed but your fix didn't work. I have found exact same problem in related conversations but I would like a step by step guide to fix please - not a huge tech savvy person and at this moment in time H8 technology:
    Have just updated our database to Reckon Accounts Premier Accountant Edition 2018 Release R1P. All working okay except for a printing issue.
    When printing any item this message comes up "Warning. The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not currently being used by another program or a read only file. The windows error was "The file exists". I then press the OK button three or four times (depending on what I am printing - eg invoice or report etc) until the print settings window opens, I press print, then the same Warning message appears. I press OK multiple (can vary) times and the print out works.
    Only started since the install of the 2018 version. Have tried printing to PDF, same problem. Have tried changing printer in Printer settings - same problem. This problem only exists when printing from Reckon Accounts

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    hello???
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    Is there a patch to fix this problem? Am I talking to myself??
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Hi Admin,
    Apologies for the delay in getting back to this, what I'd suggest next before speaking to our technical support team if you haven't already, are a couple more steps which I'll link to below.
    As you've mentioned you're not too tech savvy, you might be more comfortable speaking with a technician for this however the KB articles state step by step instructions.

Deleting the qbprint.qbp and WPR.ini files

Performing a clean un-install and re-install of Reckon Accounts Business

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    Thank you for the reply. Have followed/completed both of these links, and neither fixes the problem. I'll phone the tech dept now. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2018
    Repeated the first step again prior to making the call, picked up another couple of files of qbprint which were not deleted previously, deleted them and problem is now resolved. Thank you for your help