Upgrade campany files to Reckon Accounts Desktop 2019 fails

bio1511
bio1511 Member Posts: 4
I have been using Quickbooks 2003 Pro since its release. Reactivation was denied this year (2020). I have followed the path forward to 2019 stepping from 2003 to 2005/2006 to 2007/2008. Messy but all OK that far. Each company file update worked OK and was usable.

Until I got to 2019. Backup and update appears to work OK until it is time to open the updated file. Here I am told it was created in a different edition and cannot be opened. Cannot proceed. Then I try to open the updated file and error "You cannot open an UNKNOWN data file in AU version of Reckon Accounts."

I have tried this using company files with and without passwords. Always the same pattern. Failure to proceed further.

Reckon downloads has no product between 2007/2008 and 2019. Does anyone know what I am missing and can put me straight?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi there - it possibly has something to do with the various releases of the versions... You have said that the upgraded files open fine in 2007/08...  ?? are you able to open the Sample Company file in the 2019 version?  if you can - and then press Ctrl+1 on your keyboard - can you see a release number next to the name?  per the image below?  what release number do you see?  Perhaps if you upgrade this release to R2P - you may have better results?
  • bio1511
    bio1511 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2020
    Hi Linda, Thank you for the suggestion. I have downloaded the 2020 trial version and this has upgraded the company files and opened them OK. Will let you know if any other problems arise. Thank you again for your ready assistance. Jim