upgrade cash book 2004 files to Personal 2017

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I just installed Personal Home because I could not re register my Cash Book 2004. Now I am trying to get my Cash Book 2004 Data upgraded, but the system says missing dll but does not say which and then shuts down. What dll is missing and where can I get it?
Photo of Diethard Kuhlmann

Diethard Kuhlmann

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 35,304 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
So you cant open 2017? Is that right? Did you install 2017 using the built in Administrator account? Maybe one of the dll files failed to register. Uninstall the software. Delete the installation directory. Login using the Administrator account and try it again. As a mattter of interest im running Cashbook 2004 on Windows 10

Diethard Kuhlmann

Well I really would like to keep my Cashbook 2004 running, but the problem is I had to re install it onĀ  a new computer and now I cannot re register it. That's why I downloade the personal 2017. Cashbook runs fine on the new Windows 10, but I can only use it 2 more times. Is there any way I can keep Cashbook 2004 running?

Photo of Kevin Russell

Yes. Reregister it. Have you called Customer service? 1800RECKON

Happy to help

Diethard Kuhlmann

Yes I have rung Customer service but the registration number they gave me was no good. When I entered it I got back: Wrong number
Photo of Kevin Russell

Then you need to ring them and make sure they give you the correct information.