Upgrade from Reckon Accounts 2013 to Pro 2014 - Wont show any of the new features when using my back

Michael_7239730
Michael_7239730 Member Posts: 3
Ive recently upgraded from Reckon accounts 2013 to Reckon Accounts Pro 2014 as I now am employing staff. I upgraded the software fine, however when I open my backup file in the new Pro, it just goes back to the Acocunts 2013 icons (no payroll, estimates etc....).

PLEASE tell me that I can use my old data from Acocunts 2013 as this is alot of data to put back in as its the middle of the financial year....

Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi Michael

The icons that Reckon will display depend on which preferences are activated via the Company Preferences Tabs under Edit > Preferences.

Payroll is turned on via the Payroll and Employees tab as per screenshot above.  You should also look at Jobs & Estimates and Time Tracking tabs which are only found in Pro & above).   Several other tabs have different options from Plus, particularly the Accounting Tab (Multicurrency in Premier and Above), Items and Inventory (Units  of Measure), and Sales and Customers (Price Levels)

Best of all, you wont have to reenter half a year's data.

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    http://www.reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Michael_7239730
    Michael_7239730 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2014
    Great, thanks alot for the quick response... lifesaver!!!!! Would I do the same thing for:
    "enter Bills"
     "pay Bills"
    "statement Charges"
    etc???

Cheers