Upgrade to 2019

marian
marian Member Posts: 8
Trouble renewing and upgrading Personal Plus 2018 to 2019.

Each year this happens and after literally hours of trying options, it is usually recitifed by a call to Reckon where I'm  told it is something to do with my subscription. The problem is that this year I am living in Africa and calling is not an option. I do however have decent internet.

Invoice paid in December. Automatic update doesn't work. Manual loading of keys doesn't work. restarting computer doesn't work. Script errors pop up (they are many and varied in content). I'm unable to find precise instructions as to how to upgrade and at the same time I can't access any old data.

As the community will appreciate, I feel robbed. This whole upgrade and  license renewal process should be so simple for a tech company.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Hi Marian,
    So what exactly is happening when you attempt to install? ie. at what point is it failing? Do you have a screenshot?

Have you uninstalled the previous version before attempting install? 
    In the first instance I'd suggest performing a clean uninstallation to ensure any remnants of the prior version have been removed. There's info on this here -
    Clean Uninstall and Reinstall of Accounts Personal

it is usually recitifed by a call to Reckon where I'm  told it is something to do with my subscription.
    What have you been advised previously about this aspect? Are you using the relevant installation key code for the new version?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Joanne Mullen
    Joanne Mullen Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2019
    I have uninstalled the old version and installed Personal Plus 2019 plus paid the licence fee but it is asking for an installation code. The letter (despite the frequently asked questions) and the paid receipt do not have an installation code. EVERY year this happens and I have to phone and ask. Can this be fixed please? How do I get this without phoning. Why is it not on the renewal notice?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    The installation key code unique to you for every edition of software you have purchased is listed in the Members Area.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Joanne Mullen
    Joanne Mullen Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2019
    Ok so after 20 min I found the member area. It is really hard to find if you come through the registration area. Instead you need to click on support which takes you to a login page. Select login and the bottom selection is members. Select members and enter pin etc and then it takes you to the above screen. None of this is in your FAQ's can you please update them? I work in IT so I am used to finding my way around applications but this has been hard. Thank you for the screen print above it really helped.
  • Rav
    edited February 2019
    Appreciate the feedback Joanne,
    You might find it easier to either bookmark http://members.reckon.com or alternatively visit reckon.com and click on the Login option on the top right corner where you'll find direct links to all services requiring sign-in.

• marian
    marian Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2019
    Hi Rav, 
    I'm still at it. 
    I'm confident my files are backed up as I do so each time I have finished entries for the day. However I can't get any further than this screen. Invoice was paid in December as is acknowledged in my member profile.

I have obtained the installation key code from my account details. when applied, a message appears advising:
     "Reckon Accounts was unable to finish the activation process using the internet. What would you like to do? Try again (didn't work) or talk to a representative by phone (difficult from Zambia)

Your help would be appreciated