Upgrade from Cash Register to Pos

Joubine Bernard
Joubine Bernard Member Posts: 2
edited April 2017 in Point of Sale
Hi Everyone,
I am using a cash register in my retail shop and would like to update to a POS.
For the moment, I do my accounting at home (I do not have a computer at the shop). I am using Reckon Accounts Plus 2013.
If I purchase a POS and the Retail Point of Sale Starter Kit, would I be able to transfer my data to my home computer or would i need a computer at the shop as well?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Vila

Comments

• vinia
    vinia Alumni Posts: 53
    edited April 2014

Hello Vila,

Thank you for using the Reckon Community.

Retail POS starter kit requires a computer to have it installed and also since you are already using the Reckon Accounts Plus your files can be integrated to POS. There is also another options you can get, we call it the POS all in one that does not require a computer. You can find out more about it on our website:

Go to:

1. www.reckon.com.au

2. Click the business menu at the top and click Point of Sale.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Kind Regards,

Vinia

• Joubine Bernard
    Joubine Bernard Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    Hello Vinia,

Thank you for your reply.

I've got a few more questions to ask you, if i go with the POS all in one:
    - Would i be using the Reckon Accounts Plus 2013 as well or not anymore?
    - Would it be possible to transfer the data i've got on my Reckon Accounts Plus 2013 to the new software?
    - On your website the bundle includes Point of Sale Lite and Point of Sale Professional. Do we have to purchase both softwares?

Thank you again for your assistance.

Vila
  • vinia
    vinia Alumni Posts: 53
    edited April 2014

Hello Vila,

Here are the information with regards to your queries:

1. Would I be using the Reckon Accounts Plus 2013 as well or not anymore?

Answer: It is really up to you if you want to keep another copy of Reckon Accounts Plus and use it at home if you need some working done at the end of the day. Because you can backup the file from the POS all in one and restore after. Hence, we can issue a pro-rata refund for the remaining advantage membership that you have for the other copy of Reckon Accounts Plus. (then the program will be disabled)

2. - Would it be possible to transfer the data I've got on my Reckon Accounts Plus 2013 to the new software?

Answer: Yes, just save a backup to a USB stick then restore it to the new one.

3. - On your website the bundle includes Point of Sale Lite and Point of Sale Professional. Do we have to purchase both software's?

Answer: Yes, since its an all in one - the hardware includes Reckon Accounts and POS. And you will be given manuals for it too.

Bear in mind that in terms of hard ware issue - we refer the customer to call the hardware manufacturer (Senor)

But if the issue is software - then we help you.

Let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Kind Regards,

Vinia

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Hi Vila,

Just in reference to question number 3, POS Lite and POS Professional are the same software but have different features. So depending on what features you will be needing is whether you would purchase the Lite OR? the Professional edition.

The POS bundle includes POS software, Reckon Accounts software, cash drawer, scanner and receipt printer.

As there are 2 different variations of the POS software and multiple variations of the Reckon Accounts software the price will change depending on what you need.

Feel free to email me directly if you have any further questions, sally@samsolutions.com.au.

Kind regards, Sally