Upgrade from Cashbook 2003 to Personal Plus 2015

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
I have been using Cashbook 2003 on Windows XP since I purchased the product and wish to upgrade to a Windows 8.1 compatible version and Personal Plus 2015 seems to fit the bill; I don't need the extra features provided by Home & Business. 

I installed the trial version of PP 2015 but when I try to open any of the data files from the 2003 version I receive the following error message:
Unable to load DLL C:\Program Files (x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal\convert03\qd3.dll

How can I upgrade my data file?

Thanks
Peter
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Robyn Kelly (Partner)

Robyn Kelly (Partner), Accredited Partner

• 5,122 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Peter, were you able to download & read the installation and upgrade guide?  Pages 10 - 12 should help.

Kind regards, Robyn Kelly
Photo of Peter

Peter

Hi Robyn, thanks for your reply.  According to the guide it looks like I cannot directly upgrade from Cashbook 2003 to Personal Plus 2015 but need to install an intermediate version of 2005/2006.  Where can I obtain one of these intermediate versions?

Thanks
Peter
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Peter to get access to the outdated version please contact customer service who can arrange a disk to be sent to you. Cheers, Mirko.
Photo of Peter

Peter

For the benefit of others who may encounter the same issue I worked around this upgrade issue by exporting all the data from my old version and importing it into the new version.  I had to remove some records from one or two of the files in order to successfully import as these entries would only be accepted by the Business version.  Disappointed that the product itself could not do this gracefully by ignoring entries not supported by the 'downgraded version'.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.