Upgrade from Quicken Plus 2010 to Reckon Accounts Personal 2013

Peter Maroney
Peter Maroney Member Posts: 2
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I have recently purchased Personal 2013 and am trying to restore back up files from my previous Quicken Personal Plus 2010.

I have two files - The first opens OK but when try to open the other I get the message "This file requires access to one or more accounts features not currently activated (e.g investing business )" and suggests that I need an upgrade.

I have been directed to fix 2684 which does not seems relevant as I do not wish to backgrade to 2007. I have nevertheless followed the instructions and cannot find the *Tax Control* on either my new 2013 version or my old 2010 version which is on another computer.

Can anybody assist

Comments

• Michael Ung
    Michael Ung Alumni Posts: 27
    edited March 2014

Hi Peter

The message you are getting when opening the second file says that you have a feature that is currently activated in personal plus that is not available in personal.

The Article 2684 is a perfect example where home and business uses tax control and personal plus or personal does not.

http://www.reckon.com.au/compare/PersonalRange.aspx

This link will take you to product comparison between personal, personal plus and home n business, if you are coming from personal plus to personal and you have activated any of the features in personal plus that is not available in personal you will not be able to downgrade from personal plus to personal.

If you are using Shares then perhaps you can delete all share transaction including the share accounts and everything related to shares then it may be possible to downgrade the file from personal plus to personal. but if you have used other features in personal plus that is not available in personal then you may not be able to downgrade from personal plus to personal.

If this is the case you may need to upgrade to personal plus 2013 or start a new file in personal

hope this helps

Kind regards

Michael

• Peter Maroney
    Peter Maroney Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2014

Hello Michael,

Are you suggesting that the upgrade guidelines are incorrect when they say "Quicken 2010 data files will not go through the upgrade process and they should open without any changes"

I do have an Investing Account called "Super" - Can I change this this from an Investing Account to a Cash Account ? - Without having to create a cash account called Super and edit each transaction in dividually.

I do not want to lose my transactions which I assume will happen if I delete the account completely. - Is that so ?

Otherwise am I able to upgrade form Personal to Personal Plus without having to repurchase a second copy at full cost

Thanks

Peter

• Michael Ung
    Michael Ung Alumni Posts: 27
    edited March 2014

Hi Peter

Unfortunately it is not possible to change an investing account to a cash account.

It is true that you will lose your transactions if you delete the account completely, you are required to delete all the transactions in the account before you can delete the account itself.

If you want to upgrade to reckon accounts personal plus, you will need to purchase the personal plus 2013 at full price and get a refund for the Personal product you currently have, please contact customer service on 1800 732 566 regarding refund of personal to upgrade to personal plus.

regards

Michael

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Hi Peter,

You may be eligible for 'upgrade pricing' instead of a full price purchase like this previously grumpy customer who is now happy. (see other community post link below)

https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/accounts_will_upgrade_but_not_run_quicken_personal_plu...

-IM