Upgrade to Reckon accounts Personal Plus 2015

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
I received an email to upgrade to Personal Plus 2015. When I clicked on the icon and unzipped the download, files were stored in my Temporary file. The upgrade was not automatically started. Which file do I open to start the upgrade?
Photo of Bryan Vickerstaff

Bryan Vickerstaff

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of craisin

craisin

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I actually picked up a Trojan (type of virus) in the installation file, but I continued on with the installation anyway (assuming it was a false alert) and then found my PC ran VERY slowly and did weird things, even outside of Reckon Accounts.

Since uninstalling and cleaning my PC of the Trojan, it is running fast again, so I suspect there is a problem with the file (I cannot ver seem to get Reckon on the phone!)

I will try the re-install again, and hopefully it will now work. (will let everyone know).

In answer to your question though, the installation is in the form of a zip file. PKUnzip will unzip the installation file into a default folder of "C:\TEMP". and there should be an option there for you to tick to run ".\HAB\DISK1\Setup.exe" automatically after the unzip. (Click on "UnZip", not "Run Winzip")

Hope this helps! :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An update! (already)

In regard to the "Trojan", I think it is indeed s false alert, but I re-installed Reckon Accounts and noticed that the file highlighted to me by the excellent program "SupAntiSpyware" was not in the "C:\TEMP" folder after the unzipping finished and before the "setup" begins, so I guess it removed the file from C:\TEMP during the Unzip operation.

The alert looked as follows:

It all installed flawlessly and my PC is now running at a super speed.

I put it down to my performing a complete scan by "SuperAntiSpyware" which also found a few other problems and removed them. (It took about 5 hours since I have a huge system).

It looks like the the supposed Trojan probably is not a Trojan, but until I find a problem running my Reckon Accounts, I think I can live without "QCleanCommandLine.exe"
(whatever that does).  :-)

Cheers!
(Edited)