Upgraded from Home & Business 2016 to 2017. Now cannot email invoices.

Options
Jon_1902808
Jon_1902808 Member Posts: 65
When previously using H&B 2016 (and earlier) I was able to email invoices as attachments using Windows Live Mail - on my desktop, not the hosted version. (Win7 operating system). Cannot email since upgrading to H&B 2017. Get error msg "mail login failed".

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hello Jon,

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

You have been fortunate to have Accounts Business Personal emailing through Windows Live Mail in the past as it is configured only for Outlook.  That is not to say that it will not work with Windows Live Mail or other email clients, but it is up to you to make whatever adjustments that may be required to ensure the email gets through the system.  (Did you make any configuration adjustments to get emailing working?)  As we do not support email clients other than Outlook the inability of the 2017 version to function with Windows Live Mail is not something we will investigate.  You may want to discuss the matter with your IT professional as it may require a particular setup inside Windows Live Mail to successfully accept the signals sent by RAP.

regards,
    John

• Jon_1902808
    Jon_1902808 Member Posts: 65
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the response John. I don't remember doing any tweaking inside WLM in order to get it working with earlier versions of H&B. Just lucky I guess.

Thanks again
    Jon