upgrading to Hosted 2019 version

Wayne Seabrook
Wayne Seabrook Member Posts: 20
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Trying to upgrade to 2019 Hosted version following guide and my company file is showing under Üpload"folder in Q drive, should our company file be stored directly in Q drive?  not wanting to go any further in case it causes problems upgrading.  Any help in upgrading appreciated or is there a number I can call to step me through the process.

Comments

• Narelle Wane
    Narelle Wane Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    This is happening to me also. Had Reckon open at the end of last week - quite sure I upgraded - now I can't open my file in either version!! Frustrating ..... have a bit of work to get done tonight!!
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Where the file lives depends on whether its shared with other Hosted accounts?  if shared it would normally be in a shared folder.which you will see in the Q drive - if not shared then it defaults to being in your Q drive... if its in the Upload folder of Q drive - does this mean you downloaded it to your desktop to upgrade it?  and then uploaded it again?  best to create a portable file on your desktop... upload this file... then Launch 2019 R2 and choose to Restore a portable file - find your portable file in the Upload folder and choose to restore it to the Q drive... hope this helps?

If the file is shared - use same process but instead of restoring to Q drive - restore it to the shared folder name you can see in Q drive.
  • Wayne Seabrook
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for the reply Linda.  I downloaded a backup file to save on my desktop but the only time that I uploaded a file was when we first started using Hosted (prior to that we were only using desktop version of Reckon).  Can I just move the company file (copy/paste)from the upload folder and save to Q drive?  The file is not being shared.
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    Sure! no problem at all... :)
  • Wayne Seabrook
    edited July 2019
    Sorry this may seem a dumb question, but how do I navigate to Q drive without using the download/upload function?
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    you dont... you use the download option - then go to the folder where the file is - right click on it - use Ctrl+C to copy, then go to the folder where you want it to go and click in empty space there and use Ctrl+V to copy it.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Wayne,

The company data file can be located directly on the root of the Q:\ drive, or in folder such as the Upload folder (Q:\Upload) or in a 'shared folder' when the file is shared with other Hosted accounts.

Files created initially on the Hosted platform begin on the root of the Q:\ drive.
    Files that originate from a desktop edition which are uploaded to the Hosted platform, will end up in the Q:\Upload folder (until such time as a user manually moves it to their preferred location).

If your data file is currently in the Reckon Accounts 2018 R2 format, open it in the same application version Hosted 2018 R2 and login using the username Admin and its associated password.
    You need to be able to login to a data file as the Admin user in order to upgrade it to a newer version.

Once you have opened the data file, generate your typical reports such as the Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Open Invoices, Unpaid Bills. Save/Print a copy of these report so that you have a record of what the figures are prior to the upgrade taking place.

Then create a backup of the company file.
    How to create a backup in Reckon Accounts Hosted

That backup will be saved in your My Backup (B:) drive
    You can download it to your local computer as an added precaution.
    DATA RECOVERY: How to download a backup file (*.QBB) from Reckon Accounts Hosted to your local computer

Exit the Reckon Accounts Hosted 2018 R2 application.

In the Hosted Dashboard, launch the Hosted 2019 R2 application, there you can open your company data file, wherever it may be and it will undergo the upgrade process.
    That upgrade process will also include a backup being created.

Once the file is upgraded successfully, generate the same reports and compare them to ensure that the figures have remained the same. Any changes may indicate problems.

Regards,

Data Recovery Team

• Wayne Seabrook
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for that.  When I tried upgrading this time, everything just worked. :)

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    That's great to hear Wayne, glad we could be of assistance.