US Share prices are not uploaded

David Hood
David Hood Member Posts: 2
US share prices stopped downloading on 29th May, 
Australian prices are still coming. Does anyone know why?

Comments

• David Hood
    David Hood Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    Lets hope it doesn't take as long to rectify as it did last time. Fav's help would be appreciated!
  • Dean Robinson
    Dean Robinson Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2018
    My US Share prices also stopped last week some time. Australian share prices all updating ok. Can we please get this fixed?
  • Jeff Keller
    Jeff Keller Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2017
    Same boat - my US prices uploaded on the 19May17 but none since. Oz prices ok.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Hi guys, Thanks for your reports on this. I'm not quite sure what's caused this yet but have reported your cases and will follow up with the full team when they're back on board first thing Monday. Will keep you posted. Cheers Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Hi guys,

We're investigating this issue, nothing new to share yet but will come back to the thread as soon as new info comes to hand.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    edited June 2017
    Dave,

As stated above, I've committed to providing updates to the thread as soon as further information on progress is available. Definitely understand that its a frustrating not to mention inconvenient one and the team are working very hard on addressing this problem. Latest update below.

• Rav
    edited June 2017
    Hi guys,

Work is continuing on this issue. The team look to have isolated the cause of the problem which is at the data source and we're looking at formulating the best options on how to tackle the issue and restore US share price downloads.

More info to follow.

• Terry
    Terry Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited June 2017

Hi Folks

I am also having the same problem I had last year with Australian prices not showing as updated until I go to another date and then back to today's date.  This was fixed last year with a new version of qwutil.dll.  Is another version of this dll going to be released?

• Rav
    edited June 2017
    Hi Terry (and everyone),

I'm hoping to have further news on it this afternoon and will update you on progress as soon as I can.

Cheers
    Rav

• Rav
    edited June 2017
    Hi everyone,

I've just been informed that further work needs to be conducted to address this issue.

Definitely appreciate it's not the news you're looking for at this stage however I'll ensure to keep you updated on progress as it unfolds tomorrow.

Thank you all for your patience.

Cheers
    Rav

• David_7594132
    David_7594132 Member Posts: 37
    edited June 2017
    Both this incident and the previous one occurred at the end of a month.  This suggests a change in the way the data is being provided or the end of the commercial agreement under which the data is provided.  Since the latter is fixed by resubscribing then it seems to be the former. In these situations the data provider always gives advance notice to allow subscribers to adjust their software to avoid loss of functionality.

Two obvious questions; if this is the case, what are the changes and how much notice was given?

David

• Rav
    edited June 2017
    Hi folks

Just to be clear, this is a technical issue. The team have conducted investigation work and believe they have formulated a solution. At this stage however, the full development team and resources are currently putting the finishing touches on the EOFY releases across our range of products.

We're hoping to assign a developer to this task early next week.

I fully appreciate that news may be disappointing, the team are fully aware of all your feedback and frustration in regard to this issue and are aiming to resolve this as soon as they can.

Thanks
    Rav

• Terry
    Terry Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited June 2017

Hi All

It appears that we have this same problem each year about this time.  This would indicate that it is probably an issue with the data feed.

As I mentioned in my last post, the problem with the US shares not updating appears to be connected with the AUS shares not showing as being updated (even though they are!) until you go to another date and then back again.  This was the same problem as last year - see

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/personal-plus-portfolio-view-day-change-and-day-change-columns-dot-update-when-i-update-share-prices

It was fixed last year with the issue by Reckon of a new qwutil.dll which fixed both the US prices not updating and the AUS prices not showing as updated.

If this has happened before, surely it should not be too difficult to fix this time?

Looking forward to this problem being resolved! 

Terry  :) 

• David_7594132
    edited June 2017
    Perhaps it's a technical issue but is it one where Reckon was given advance notice and failed to act on that notice?
  • Puddin Tame
    Puddin Tame Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    Yeah.  There is a $129 'upgrade' being developed versus a free software 'fix'. Hope is all you have....

• robin.adair
    robin.adair Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    I am having this problem to.  It was about this time last year that Reckon had the same problem.  Something to do with the firm that provided the data.  I hope they get on to it quicker than they did last year.
  • robin.adair
    robin.adair Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    Hi Rav,
    Will you communicate to all User's (Customers) when the problem is solved and if we need to do anything as part of the fix?  I recall last year we had to download some files to fix it.  It is a bit frustrating that this has happened once again this year.  I have a number of USD stocks and are reliant on the updated prices to tidy up my end of year financial affairs. Cheers
  • Rav
    edited June 2017
    Yes I most certainly will Robin, I'm keeping an eye on this situation closely and working with our Dev team to stay on top of any developments as they occur. Cheers Rav

• Gary Corcoran_8302168
    Gary Corcoran_8302168 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2017
    it is now 2 week since my US share price and indices stopped down loading, this is not good enough Reckon, I am paying $$$$ for a service which you are not providing , so Community Manager can we please have some responses!
  • David_7594132
    edited June 2017
    Any updates on this?  Has a developer started to investigate?  Do we have a timeline?
  • Rav
    edited June 2017
    Hi David and everyone,

At this stage we're looking to have development resources freed up to work on this toward the end of the week. The team have been, and currently are, working through GovConnect changes among others coming in the EOFY updates to the business range which has utilised all development resources before its imminent release.

• Norman Windell
    Norman Windell Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2017

After all the posts on this site about US Share prices not downloading this is what I get from Reckon today?????

Hi Norman,

Thank you for contacting Reckon CustomerService.

Please be informed that as of now we did notreceive any complaint regarding the issue. You can call our paid linesupport number on 1902 223 101, it will cost you $4.90 per minute.

You can also refer to our Knowledge Browser: http://kb.reckon.com.au/search.asp

You may also reach Reckon customer service teamat 1800732566 between AEST 8 am to 7 pm during week days in case of any furtherqueries. 

For Technical Support inquiries, pleasevisit http://www.reckon.com.au/support/default.aspx where mostquestions can be answered.

Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Whynot ask the community! Please visit https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon 

Note: Please do notreply to this message. For further queries and doubts, please email to Customerservice@reckon.com

• Rav
    edited June 2017
    Hi all,

I've created a seperate post in regard to this issue and further updates will be made there -
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/us-share-price-issue-reckon-personal-range

Feel free to hit the follow button on that thread to remain up to date on news in relation to this problem as it comes to hand.

Thanks
    Rav

This discussion has been closed.