US Stock Price Download

Diver Dave
Diver Dave Member Posts: 463 ✭✭
I have just upgraded to Personal Plus 2016, and surprise surprise, US stock prices do not download.

Fortunately I had retained a copy of the replacement qwutil.dll file, which after copying enabled US prices to download.

How can Reckon release the latest version of their software with and old, non-functioning dll file?

Seriously!

Comments

• Kevin Chamberlain
    Kevin Chamberlain Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2017
    This is so typical of Recon, charge you more, give you less, unless you pay even more. They seriously need some competition....

Feel your pain.
    Kev.
  • Frank t
    Frank t Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2017

good comment. I recently had the same problem 7 their staff did not even know about the issue. In fact the first responder was going to ,put me through to their paid support until I flatly refused and started to talk about refunds & fit for purpose!!!! Still feel strongly about it 
  • TP
    TP Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    For solution refer:
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/why-have-us-share-prices-stopped-updating-on-personal-plu...

VIZ

"Rav, Community Manager

• 15,264 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Hi everyone,

As I've mentioned previously, the Development team have been continuing work regarding this issue and have formulated a potential solution which bypasses the need for a code change.

Can I please ask that you follow the steps outlined below -

Steps to fix the issue: -

1) Close Reckon Accounts Personal

2) Download http://downloads.reckon.com.au/qwutil.dll

3) Copy the above file into your Reckon Personal 2015 or 2016 installation folder (by default this would be C:\Program Files\Reckon Accounts Personal)

4) When you get the message saying qwutil.dll already exists. Do you want to replace it?' select 'Yes'

5) Once the file has been saved, open Reckon Accounts Personal and you will be able to download US Share Prices.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the US downloads after completing the steps above.

Thanks

Rav"

TJP

• LenK
    LenK Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2017
    I carried out the procedure you recommended at the time & it worked fine.
    Now the same problem surfaced again & qwutil.dll replacement does not work.
    Just what gives??? Is there another fix?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Related thread for US Share price download issue June 2017 HERE

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.