User login?

Eloise_10120286
Eloise_10120286 Member Posts: 7
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Trying to set up a use account I can give my accountant access.

In a previous question it seemed like this shouldn't be a problem, we don't need to be logged in at the same time.

I have setup the user within the account, this hasn't made available a second login. Setting up a user from a control panel asks for credit card details?

I have tried to login with the new user details, it doesn't work on the main login screen. Where or how does the secondary user login? (I have tried with and without multi user mode)

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Eloise.  There are normally two ways in which this can be done.  If your Accountant already has a licence to operate Reckon Hosted, you can share your company file with them - there are instructions available on how to do this.
    The second one, which you appear to be having trouble setting up, is to set them up as a second user (not able to log on at the same time if you only have one licence).  You would do this through Company> Users> Setup up users and roles.  You need to be logged in as the Administrator in order to do this.
    John L G

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    When the user logs in to Reckon Hosted they still use the same login details as you to open the program, at this stage when they open the company they have to enter their user name which you have setup as per John’s instructions