User Permission Setup question about report modifications

Lucas Anstiss
Lucas Anstiss Member Posts: 28
edited September 2016 in Accounts Hosted
*****  Okay - I have typed out this whole question and then I think I have answered it myself - I had to give the user Full Access to the "Custom Transaction" Reports and now they can modify the Sales Order report in the way I described below.  The permissions still do not show 'Modify' as being ticked, but my user going again....   I will post this now in case it helps someone else, and/or if anyone else has further insight  *****

I am using Reckon Accounts Hosted.

We have multiple users - they have different permissions according to their job functions.

One of our users manages our sales orders and so wants to get an Open Sales Order report - which he can.  They problem is that he doesn't have permission to modify it so that the report shows the items under each customer (this is possible by modifying the "Detail Level" filter under "Modify Report"). 

I have tried to give him modification permissions, but it seems that if I grant him permission to modify reports then he is able to view ALL reports (including Company & Financial - permission which I don't wish to grant).  
There doesn't seem to be an ability to set 'modification' permissions on a 'per report type' basis.

Some pictures to illustrate what I mean:
The basic reporting permissions granted under the "Sales" role permissions are pictured below:

Note that 'modify' is greyed out.

Pic below is what the default 'Reports' permissions are for the "Sales" role

When I select "modify" the new permissions are shown below:

So now view permission is granted for all report types (as well as modify permission), however if I de-select 'View' permission for any of the reports (eg. Company & Financial) then the "Modify" permission disappears for all report types.

Is there a way to let users modify just the reports they have permission to access?

Comments

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited April 2015
    I went into my role list and made green only the ones i wanted them to have access to. If necessary I think you can make up a role for that person. Hope this helps.