Using class tracking in POS

Options
Leshelle
Leshelle Member Posts: 103
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Reckon accounts Premier and Pos 2015. At present as far as I know, POS can only have one default Class set up for all transactions. As we use Class tracking for our 6 departments, we have a lot of transactions that we must manually change to the correct class after they upload to accounts. We would love the ability to select class in POS. Is this on the development agenda ?

Comments

• Chris McGregor
    Chris McGregor Member Posts: 140
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Not that it's a fix or anything but I know of a supermarket that had things broken down by department and each terminal had its own class so all transactions from that terminal would be afford to the 'deli' class for example and those at the register were 'groceries' and attached Hot food section.. That's one option, obviously ot would be best to have this brought across from reckon accounts any maybe it's on the developments plans(will have to wait to hear there response) but the other option is to run a macro through excel to find that item and place the appropriate class on it. If your unable to do it your self I'm sure one of the people on here shouldn't have an issue doing that for you. I would connect excel sheet by odbc to drag in my items list from reckon accounts with whatever class I set, Then create macro to read in the data from my end of day files, lookup each item in the file against the items I imported by odbc and find the class, then write back out the updates rows to a new transaction file in the same location the remove the original transaction file to a sub folder for safe keeping in case of error. Regards, Chris