using link to get into Reckon Customer Portal does not bring you back to Reckon on exit

SUE GREEN
SUE GREEN Member Posts: 27
edited September 2019 in Accounts Hosted
using link to get into Reckon Customer Portal does not bring you back to Reckon on exit

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Hi Sue,
    Sorry but I'm not quite following at the moment, could you give me a bit more info on this?
    Any screenshots would be great too (use the camera icon on the forum reply window to attach an image/screenshot).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• SUE GREEN
    edited May 2019
    I use the lodge button in Reckon - Process Single Touch Payroll - which opens up the link to the Reckon Portal where I log in and access the Gov Connect to upload the file. When I have completed my work I use the Exit Door icon to exit the portal, but this does not take me back to Reckon Accounts Hosted - I have to reopen Reckon, go to the Control Panel - log off the Remote Session and then go to the dashboard to log in again - there seems to be a missing step in the exit.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Are you closing your browser that Hosted is active on after clicking 'Lodge'?

I just went through the process and after clicking 'Lodge' the in-app browser opened which took me to Portal, I logged in, accessed GovConnect then logged out and closed the in-app browser window. Hosted was still active & logged on my regular browser so I could switch to it if needed or once I finished my STP submission (see screenshot below)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    I think what is happening here is the "Sign in to Reckon" screen has been maximised, which makes it look like it is then within the Hosted login session.  If you maximise the Portal login screen you will then need to click on the little red X near the top right of the screen to close the Portal login screen.  Don't go all the way to the top right or you will close the whole interenet browser.
    Once you click the red X it should take you back to your Hosted data file.
    Hope that helps?

• SUE GREEN
    edited May 2019
    Yep silly me - it works - thank you