using STP app and the pay runs are adding up to more than the payment summary.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
Hi, I have entered 4 continous pay runs from the 4/07 to the 25/07.  I entered them a while ago and all were sucessful enteries.  Now that its the end of the quarter i went to balance everything up and i have realised that the pay runs total is more than what is on the payment summary for only 1 employee.  The gross payments were for 132, 153, 153 and 484.50.  now that all should add up to 922.50 there was a total of $31 in tax withheld.  However on the payment summary it says that the total gross is $769.50 which is $153 less than what it should be.  However all pay runs are listed as sucessful.  Any ideas on what could be the problem???? Everything on the buisness portal adds up to what i have entered in the pay run (which is the correct figure) so i plan on seeing if the employee can check on her my gov but it will still mean that the app has the incorrect data.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Photo of Leanne Cascone

Leanne Cascone

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 90,950 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Leanne,
Did you enter any YTD balances for this particular employee when they were setup in the app?

Can you let me know the ABN you have registered in the app?

Just double checking, there are no pay runs that have returned an 'Error' or 'Pending' etc or have there ever been any other issues with sending through your submissions?
Photo of Leanne Cascone

Leanne Cascone

Hi Rav, 

No there was no year to date balances and no pay runs that have returned in error or that are pending

ABN is 89 562 494 896.

Have a check on your end.  I have since gotten in touch with the employee and she has checked her total on the mygov app and it has a total of the 769.50 which is not what i have entered in the pay runs but is now at least the same as the payment summary.  So see if you can figure out what has gone wrong on and how we can fix it. Just so that you know where your looking the employees initials are AS.  

Your help is greatly appreciated. 
Leanne

Hi Leanne

Just a thought .... There are some Payment types that are not submitted as they are not required to be reported under STP.

Are there any non-standard Pay Items in your Payruns ?   

Shaz Hughes Dip(Fin) ACQ NSW, MICB

Reckon Accredited Professional Partner Bookkeeper / Registered BAS Agent (No: 92314 015)

Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Ballajura, WA

0422 886 003

shazinoz2@bigpond.com

www.accounted4bs.com

Write a comment
Photo of Leanne Cascone

Leanne Cascone

Hi Shaz, 

I dont think so.  But as i am new to the system im not sure if i have everything corrrect.  I know all the totals are correct but i dont even know how to change a payment type so i may have done it by mistake.  Is there are way i can check the payment type???

Thanks so much for your help. 

Leanne 

Hi Leanne

Unfortunately, I don’t have much to do with the stand-alone App so can’t really be of much further help as I don’t know either!

... Perhaps Rav can advise ....?

Shaz Hughes Dip(Fin) ACQ NSW, MICB

Reckon Accredited Professional Partner Bookkeeper / Registered BAS Agent (No: 92314 015)

Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Ballajura, WA

0422 886 003

shazinoz2@bigpond.com

www.accounted4bs.com

Photo of Leanne Cascone

Leanne Cascone

Hi Shaz, 

Thats ok.  Thanks for trying its greatly appreciated.  Yes hopefully Rav can figure it out. 

Leanne
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 90,850 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Leanne,
I'm going to get my STP guru to give me some insight on this. I just want to check though, how many employees are included in these successful pay runs? Just the one employee or multiple?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 90,850 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry Leanne, one more thing. Can I get you to check the list of pay runs and confirm that ALL of them are designated as 'Pay Runs' and/or if any of them are 'Adjustments'.
Photo of Leanne Cascone

Leanne Cascone

Hi Rav, 

Thanks for this.  On the 3 out of the 4 pay runs there are 4 employees and on the last one there a 3. However all the other employees have the correct amounts and the correct amounts went through the tax office as well as i had a look on the business portals, which is why this is so confusing to me.  If you need to contact me privately please so with my account details. 

Thanks

Leanne
Photo of Leanne Cascone

Leanne Cascone

Hi Rav, 

Yes all of them are pay runs not adjustments.  If you need any further info let me know.  

Thanks 

Leanne