Using STP as a BAS agent

jill bell
jill bell Member Posts: 5
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi Community, I'm a BAS agent for several small companies.  I use my own software for a few and client's software for others.  I lodge everyone's BAS for them as their agent. 
With the companies that are on my account, do I need to specify each company in the Reckon portal?  With clients that have their own software, do I specify their software ID in the BAS portal?  I'm just a little confused on what to do for each scenario in my situation. 
Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Jill

Every client has to register with Reckon Portal, then it is shared with you, like sharing the hosted file.
  • jill bell
    jill bell Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2019
    Thank you for the response.  

What do I do when I own multiple company data files?  They aren't shared.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Hi Jill,
    Your Reckon Portal account can hold multiple STP entities so businesses with separate ABN's and/or branch numbers will have their own individual STP entity but will still just be in your one Reckon Portal account. The same applies to shared entities, you can have multiple entities shared with you.
    Check out more info here - 
    https://help.reckon.com/customer-portal/products/govconnect/single-touch-payroll

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.