version 7.5 updating issues

Kevin Walters
Kevin Walters Member Posts: 5
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have just inherited the 7.5 version of Quickbooks together with the 2004 version update. We(my wife & I) are undertaking the work on a voluntary basis and need to load the software on a machine running vista.
The 7.5 is loaded but 2004 keeps coming up and saying it can't load as there is not a registered version of 7.5 on the machine. There is as verified via the help menu! We have all the accounts for the association from their old machine which had 2004 loaded ok!
I've tried uninstalling- No luck!
Run windows with no other software running - No luck.
Talking to registration at Intuit(Reckon) no help!
Trawlled all the web sites & forums - no luck!
Tried loading 7.5 nad upgrading to 2004 on an old xp machine - same problem!
At a wits end and not wanting to spend money on an associations behalf for what I would consider to be an easy process.
Any ideas from anyone please? Thanks Kevin

Comments

• Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    Why don't you register the 7.5 version? Do you have the customer number and pin provided by Reckon?
  • Kevin Walters
    edited September 2014
    It is already registered as I said in the help menu it confirms it BUT when loading 2004 it doesn't recognise it!
  • Kevin V. Russell
    edited June 2015
    Are you logged on as Administrator?
  • Kevin Walters
    edited September 2014
    Yes just double checked!
  • Kevin V. Russell
    edited June 2015
    So you are quite sure you are using the built in Administrator account, just to be sure
  • Kevin Walters
    edited September 2014
    I was quite sure but decided to right click the icon and go in as administrator that way! It seems to have worked and I appear to have a working version of 2004 up. I will go through the registering process over the next couple of days(I'm out and about) and hopefully problem solved thanks. Certainly a step forward on where I was yesterday.
  • Nathan Elcoate
    Nathan Elcoate Accredited Partner Posts: 162 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2014
    Nice one Kevin... although does 7.5 data need to go through 2002 first before being opened with 2004?
  • Kevin Walters
    edited September 2014
    No the association person left and we had all accounts on 2004 but needed to get the software loaded onto another machine! So next challenge will be to import all the 2004 files/data.
  • Kevin V. Russell
    edited June 2015
    Kevin mate that's great. Glad you got it sorted