Void an Invoice

Stephen Balson
Stephen Balson Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited May 2019 in Reckon One
Hi, I need help and/or suggestions.
I'm new to BAS and I'm setup on accrual.
I created an invoice in the last quarter. The invoice hadn't been paid and now the customer has cancelled the order. I have already done the BAS, so the GST for this sale is included.
I will need to make an adjustment to the BAS, but how should I handle the invoice?

There is no void in Reckon One. Since the customer hadn't made any payment, there is nothing to credit against in a customer note. I could do a receive payment and then do an adjustment note, but this isn't what happened.
I could delete the invoice, but then I won't have any records to show against the change made in the BAS. I have printed the invoice to keep as a record and made notes on it.

Which is the best way to go or is there a better solution?

Also I assume that I should create another BAS entry in Reckon One as an adjustment to work out the new figures as well as keeping the original one?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Stephen,

The adjustment note is the transaction to offset your unpaid invoice and will give you a credit for the GST for this quarter.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Stephen Balson
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for the reply. But what about the invoice, it's still open as unpaid?
    It will never be paid as this is a once off customer.

• Michael Macleod
    Michael Macleod Member Posts: 22
    edited October 2016
    The credit note is unpaid as well.  you have an invoice and credit note balancing  to zero and  - both unpaid. When raising the credit note the system will probably ask you if you want to apply the credit note to the invoice and use the current date for your credit note.

Michael Macleod
  • Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Hi Stephen After you have entered the Adjustment note, Click Enter Refund at the top Right of the window, it will then allow you to apply this to the existing Invoice. Kind Regards Kim Chapman www.chapmanofficeservices.com
  • Stephen Balson
    edited October 2016
    Thanks everyone for your help. It's fixed up now.
  • Peter Bodon
    Peter Bodon Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2019
    Hi all, sorry to re-visit this thread but I need to do a similar thing. I need to remove or void an invoice that will never be paid (I am using accrual).

When I create a customer adjustment note and try to use this to offset the invoice (going to invoice and selecting "Receive Payment", I don't get an option to use the adjustment note to make the payment.  I have options to allocate the payment against an invoice (which assumes that I have received funds into my bank account) but no obvious way to say that the adjustment note is where the fictitious funds came from.

Can anyone help?