wages report showing released employees

113396 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
Payroll Summary Report does not show released / terminated employees.
I am trying to create separate reports to separate my support staff & the professional staff. It only shows current staff when I filter to select staff members for each report. How do I create two reports with both having different staff, both past & present staff on both reports?

Comments

edited February 2019
    Hi Kevin - can you please explain further?
    edited February 2019
    Can you please step me through this? I cannot find how...
    Thank you
    edited February 2019
    Hi Kevin - my email to you bounced - mailbox unavailable?
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Debbie - I agree with Kevin's suggestion of using Classes, he will help you with that... but the reason you cannot see the released staff when you are trying to manually select each worker to include on the report - will be cause they have been made inactive... if you show all employees - then right click and untick the inactive box on those you wish to include - you can then go to your memorised report and should be able to select the staff you couldnt see before.  Cheers Linda
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Linda - just checking:
    So Then I have the employee marked as active? Or I go back and change it again? And I have to remember to do this every time I need the report (monthly)? I have a lot of ex staff over the years and would need to remember which staff have left in the last 2 years as the report needed is for the last year to date + previous year comparison.
  • Linda ABC
    edited February 2019
    This is why running Classes is a better option - agree that trying to remember who the required employees are would be a pain - so thats why you need a better solution... do your payroll items allow you to identify who is support and who is professional?  could you filter the report by the payroll items? and memorise that way?  then it would pick up the inactive/terminated workers and you wouldnt need to remember who is who?  But going forward, definitely consider using classes...
    edited February 2019
    Thanks Linda,
    I have just started using classes, but unfortunately it does not back date.
    The staff do have different payroll items but some things are both, ie, sick leave, holiday loading, some super funds etc and I wanted to separate the different types of employees.
  • Linda ABC
    edited February 2019
    Fair enough... probably for now - quicker to make a list of who worked, which year - go to Report - Employees - Employee Contact List - tick to display the Active column and the Release date column - then sort by Release Date - now go over to Filters and select Active and show only those who are Inactive - now display this report... from here it will be easy to zoom into the required people - untick their Inactive status.. then you can add them to your filtered reports.. cheers Linda
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Debbie

Depending on how many staff and how far you need to go back you can amended each pay and add the class, if you have the time.

If you are using class per paycheque and not pay item, then the class is assigned to the entire pay, including what overlaps, sick, holidays, super etc.  You want need separate payroll items either for support or professional staff.