Wanting a report of Items with zero sales

Damon_9860422
Damon_9860422 Member Posts: 2
I'm wanting to generate a report that shows items that have had no sales over x period. Even a full item list with qty sold would be sufficient if I can sort it by qty sold. This doesn't seem to come under item reports or sales reports. Can you help?

Comments

• David Robertson_9018461
    David Robertson_9018461 Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2018
    There is no report that will give you this information.

What you have to do is merge an item report with a sales report over the last whatever period you want covered

Give me a call if you want more details - David 0413 837 865

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Damon - if the items you are wanting to report on are Inventory Items - try running the Inventory Status by Item report - there is a column at the end which gives you Sales/Week for the period you select - if you send this report to Excel - you could sort it or filter it for all the 0 sales/week lines?  Probably as helpful as you will get?
  • Damon_9860422
    Damon_9860422 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Linda. That does give me some information but unfortunately if only a few of an items have sold, the amount per week is rounded to 0 pretty quickly the longer the period I'm searching for (a year for instance) which doesn't give me correct information.

What I've done for a solution is:
    - Made suitable memorised reports for Items and Sales.
    - Created linked tables in MS Access
    - Made an update query to tidy up the data
    - Then a compare query to pull out the sold items out of the items list leaving me with just the unsold items over the chosen period.
    - Made an instructions sheet for the girls in the office to follow the simplified steps to they can get their data to advertise the stock that hasn't sold.

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Understand.... but well done on your work around - I do agree that a report showing Last Sale Date - which could then be filter would be great!  cheers Linda
  • Rebecca_6470826
    Rebecca_6470826 Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2020
    Hi guys, 
    I am looking to run a similar report for non inventory items. 

My (non-inventory) items list is getting too long and I would like to make inactive any item/part we have not used for 2 years. Do you think your process would work for me, and if so do you have any extra info that would help?

I am using the software version of Reckon Accounts 2019. 

Thanks.  

Bec