weekly payroll & jobkeeer

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted

We pay our staff weekly.  Majority of our staff are eligible employees.  A couple require a top up for pays within April.   We want to claim from the 30th March 2020. 

Our next payroll will be dated the 4th May 2020

Do I need to go back into all the eligible employees pay cheques for April,  add the JOBKEEPER-START-FNXX (same code for 2 weeks as we pay weekly) and then update the STP? 

I can do an extra payroll do top up those that need it.

We also have some 457 visa holders which are paid monthly.  Are these eligible and would you add the jobkeeper-start -FN01 & jobkeeper-start-FN02 to their pays.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Shelley - have you watched the Webinar from yesterday?  It will help you understand what is needed... https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/webinar-jobkeeper-payments-reckon-accounts?utm_source=not...

You only add the Start code once... and then do not repeat (so if eligible from the first fortnight you will use the FN01 item and no others)... it can be added to the pay that you do the topup amounts in for ease of entry and STP lodgement.

I do not believe 457 visa holders are eligible? see - https://treasury.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-04/Fact_sheet_Info_for_Employees.pdf specifically the section that says:
    Eligible employees include Australian citizens, the holders of a permanent visa, and Special Category (Subclass 444) Visa holders as at 1 March 2020. Employees must be a resident for Australian tax purposes on 1 March 2020.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2020
    Hi Shelley,
    I'd recommend that as a starting point, you check out the JobKeeper FAQ article below as it covers off questions around weekly payments along with how to handle prior payments.

JobKeeper Payments FAQ

In regard to the last point around eligible employees, unfortunately we can't make any comments or recommendations around who is and isn't eligible. Its best to have a chat with the ATO around their specific requirements - https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/Employees/Eligible-employees/

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Rav & Linda.  yes I did watch the video and read the slides.  I think I have answered my own question overnight. 
    The Jobkeeper FN01 actually is telling the ATO to start the payment from the first fortnight not for the first fortnight, so it doesnt matter whether you add it at the end of the month or the first payroll of the month.  Have I got this right?

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited April 2020
    Bingo!  :)