WESTFIELD DEMERGER - how are you recommending we handle the recent demerger - we sold our One Marke

Options
Norwen
Norwen Member Posts: 5
Process a recent company change - Personal Plus 2018

Comments

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options

I have no idea !!

I am still waiting for further advice from Westfield (in August?).

To me the key is to make sure that the capital is distributed between:

• cash return of $AU 3.5154 per share

• 0.05 OneMarket share for every Westfield share (OMN $1.34 on 8-Jun-18)

• 0.01844 New Unibail-Rodamco Stapled share for every Westfield share (not issued ?) 

• 0.3688 Unibail-Rodamco "chess depositary interests 20:1" for every Westfield share (URW $14.78 on 8-Jun-18)

• extra cash returned for part shares not issued.

I shall distribute the capital retained based on the relative value of new shares issued, based on market value as close to 7 June as possible. Hopefully all these are tradable on the ASX

It looks like there are going to be small holdings and small numbers of shares.

What are "CHESS DEPOSITARY INTERESTS 20:1" ?

I think the smart ones sold their shares in May.

We can only wait and see.

• Gary Hall
    Gary Hall Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Would be great to get some information on this. Any further clues available at this stage?
  • MarkR
    MarkR Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Info can be found Westfield Group takeover by Unibail-Rodamco SE 2018

Information to assist affected Westfield Group stapled security holders and access to resources such as the Westfield Group 2018 calculator.
    https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Large-business/In-detail/Business-bulletins/Articles/Westfield-Group-takeover-by-Unibail-Rodamco-SE-2018/
    Published: 19/07/2018
  • Richard Jasek
    Richard Jasek Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Thanks for the ATO link. It makes it reasonably clear how to handle the OneMarket parcel, but does anyone out there have any guidance on how to input the other transactions?