Westpac Credit Card Bank file not importing correctly

Options
K Cossey
K Cossey Member Posts: 21
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am using a trial version of Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 
I have been trying to import a Westpac credit card account using manual
import. It has done this successfully in the past twice. the first time
I matched all my records, then imported a second file, but this second
file it seemed to append to the previous one so I had all my new records
plus my old records in the match transaction box. I worked with that then clicked done and tried importing my third file (I'm
importing them in month batches) It appended again so I deleted the file in the online banking screen and
tried to import my file again(with a different filename). It goes through
the import process fine but the file it imports has no data, the message
returned in the online banking screen is: Visa-no transactions received on the 11/07/16

I saw someone with a similar problem in the community and I tried using File Utilities
to import the qbo file but I had the same problem.

How can I get this file to import correctly (without appending to the previous one?)

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi K Cossey

When processing a number of imports for the same account they will be attached to the existing file in the Online Banking Centre if there is one already there.

As you're completing them in batches, you'll need to import the first file and process it fully. When that is complete, delete the file from the Online Banking Centre and then import the second file, process, delete the file. Repeat until the batch is completed.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• K Cossey
    K Cossey Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes, thanks that stopped it being appended.  If worked out from someone else's post that I couldn't import a file twice because of Reckon's internal process of only letting you import a date range once.  I think this is why I kept getting a No Transaction Received message when there were transactions in the import file.

Instead, I was able to import a subset of the date range and then I entered the beginning dates and the end dates data manually.

It would be good to have an error message come up and say you'd already imported that date range before and give you the option to import it again if you wanted to instead of just receiving a No Transactions Received message (which was very frustrating when I didn't have a clue why my records weren't being imported).  Maybe Reckon could incorporate that as  a new feature?

Thanks again.  I hope the subset idea works for others who find themselves in the same situation.

Karen