what does this error message mean?

Options
susan_10261283
susan_10261283 Member Posts: 14
edited October 2019 in Reckon One
we received this message from ATO, but i don't quiet understand what the message talking about. I copy the whole message below, could anyone interpret for me, thanks.
 The value specified for an item does not match the item type (value = "", item type = String, uniqueID = http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevntemp:PostcodeT) Hint: The Pattern constraint failed.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hi Susan,
    This message means that you need to review the postcode fields in your employee details for invalid or incomplete details. Ensure that all postcodes have been entered for all employees, there are no special characters like spaces, quotation marks or anything other than numbers.

Once you've corrected this, create the pay run submission again & send it through GovConnect.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• susan_10261283
    susan_10261283 Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Very helpful, thanks.
  • Skeksis
    Skeksis Member Posts: 5
    Options

Experiencing the same problem and have found and corrected the error - however could you please clarify "send it through to GovConnect" should this file be marked as full replacement or not. The first file is showing ERROR so does that mean none of the records were read in and therefore this is a whole new file? So file list will show original file with status ERROR and new file (not replacement file) as SUCCESS

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Skeksis

In this instance just create the submission as a regular one, not a Full File Replacement and send it through GovConnect as you normally do. The original erroneous submission will remain in your list as it is.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Skeksis
    Skeksis Member Posts: 5
    Options

Thanks for super speedy answer. That's fabulous.