What is going on with Reckon?

Grant Dempsey
Grant Dempsey Member Posts: 12
edited June 2017 in Reckon One
I don't understand why Reckon likes to play Secret Squirrels.

I wasted an hour trying to log on the other night, then an hour the next after being informed there was an update and I needed to update my password - which didn't work for sometime. 

OK, I accept updates etc need to be done and bugs occur but why not flick us an email? How hard is that. 

Then this morning I go to do an invoice and can't see the COPY feature, no problem I can see there is a TEMPLATE feature, but how do I use it? I see on a post about the updates it an other improvements are mentioned but NO LINKS to info!!!!  OK I search the Community - can't find anything. How hard is it to put a link to info on how to use the new whizz-bang feature you mention?

Does Reckon have a deliberate strategy to keep users in the dark and guessing?

Another quick 20min job that I now have to put off until I have time to hunt out the info and figure it out.

Grrrrrrrrrrr! 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Hi Grant,

Further to our brief convo on Facebook, I'd just like to apologise again that you were impacted by some of the recent issues with our new Reckon One portal.

We definitely aren't trying to be secretive or hush hush about our Portal, that includes unfortunately some of the issues that have cropped up after its release. The teams are working extremely hard to both minimise the impact of those problems and also rectify them on a permanent basis.

There have been a couple of main issues with other smaller/minor problems uncovered over the course of the last couple of days. As such, the Community gives us a bit more flexibility to report on these to our users in real time, provide rolling updates as the situation unfolds, troubleshooting and information of resolution as it becomes available ie. ETA's, what we're doing about it etc.

We've certainly learnt some lessons though both on what works and what doesn't when rolling out such a massive project and we'll be utilizing those learnings in future.

We're all really excited for the new Reckon Portal and there's a lot more to come as we build further on its capabilities.

In terms of communication on Reckon One functionality, check out my numerous Reckon One enhancement/update posts as it provides a full breakdown on new features/functionality included in every new Reckon One update along with how to make use of it.
    You might also be interested in our Reckon One How-To video page both on our Community HERE and our YouTube channel (which is where videos are released first) HERE

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Grant Dempsey
    edited May 2017
    My issue is with notification rather than tech problems - an email would have prevented my frustrations. The other issue is now changes with no information on how to utilise them, for me Invoices. As mentioned the COPY option has gone - or moved, I can't see it, and the videos/info I can find on the Community page are 7+ months old or a webinar from 3 weeks ago - none seem to show how to copy an invoice in the new Portal? Am I missing something?  I'm using Reckon for a small project and although the product/pricing/module concept is great I am finding it difficult right now. 
  • Grant Dempsey
    edited May 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Copying Invoices in New Portal. Hi Folks,

I see the COPY function has gone (or moved?) from the Invoice options.

Does anyone know how to copy invoices in the new portal?

Thanks

Gee 
  • Grant Dempsey
    edited May 2017
    Since my post immediately above was merged into this conversation I'm not sure what to make of it;
     - a) Reckon doesn't want people to offer solutions on that topic
    - b) there is no solution to that question
    - c) I'm being punished

Given the moderator, Rav, has not been able to point me to a link or offer a solution on how to copy an invoice I must assume there is none and stop wasting more time trying to find one - back to Excel it is. 

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Grant,

Your second thread was merged simply as its relates to your first thread.

In terms of the copy functionality, I've just logged in to check this and was presented with the 'Make a Copy' option in the invoice screen (screenshot example below).

Do you also have issues adding invoices or other actions in your Reckon One book? Or does it only relate to the copy function?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Grant Dempsey
    edited May 2017
    Hi, the problem I have is I no longer have an ADD button to create a new invoice.

Additionally, when I open an invoice I don't have the MAKE DRAFT TO EDIT and  RECEIVE PAYMENT as you show you have,  I only have CLOSE and underneath that the options I have are  TEMPLATE,   PRINT, SEND VIA EMAIL, VIEW HISTORY.

Previous to the update I had an ADD button to create a new invoice and I had a MAKE A COPY option as well. Now I have neither.

I checked and I am showing I have the INVOICES option active.

I would attach screen shots but not sure how in this community.

Support at Reckon don't seem to a) recognise it is a problem and b) be interested to investigate so I have had to use Excel to send and track invoices.  My Invoices are paid at 30 days after receipt so no option but to use Excel.
  • Rav
    edited May 2017
    Hi Grant,

The issue of certain actions including adding invoices, bills, receiving payments among other is currently being investigated.

There is info in relation to that on this thread HERE and further updates will also be made there as soon as it comes to hand.

I'm sorry the team weren't aware of the problem on your call, this has been an evolving issue and harder to ascertain and not widespread over the entire Reckon One user base. However we know about it and the teams are working to get it resolved as quick as possible.

Cheers
    Rav