What is hourly amount for 7.6 hr day for 38 hr week

NarellePaterson
NarellePaterson Member Posts: 111 ✭✭
edited March 2020 in Accounts Hosted
This may be a really dumb question but my brain has gone to mush thinking about it . I have to split a days pay for employee who worked 4 hrs then sick for 3.5 for the day but they get paid 7.6 for the day so what is the actual hourly  and half hourly figure I put into payroll to get 7.6 instead of 7.5 ??? I am sorry if the answer is simple and I have lost the plot but I have tried to find anser to no avail,

Comments

• Marina Tretyak
    Marina Tretyak Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2020
    Maybe you would need to split it as 4,1 hours worked and 3.5 hours as sicl leave
  • Roslyn_9745732
    Roslyn_9745732 Member Posts: 102
    edited March 2020
    You do not get paid for your lunch hour so you need to deduct the hour or half hour for lunch before working out the actual amount of hours worked: eg If you start work at 8.30 am and finish at 5pm = 38.5 hours.  So say 30 min lunch = 38 hours worked = 7.6 hours per day worked = 3.5 hrs sick + 4.10 hrs worked hours.  I hope that clears it up for you.
  • Sue Wood
    Sue Wood Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2020
    Hi Narelle.  If your employee usually works a 7.6 hour day and they went home sick after 4 hours work, that means they were sick for 3.6 hours.  Otherwise they worked 4.1 hours and were sick for 3.5 hours.  You don't change the hourly rate; just put 4 (or 4.1) hours against Hourly Pay and 3.6 (or 3.5) hours against Sick Hourly.  The number of total hours in the day doesn't change.
  • NarellePaterson
    edited March 2020
    yeah that is what I did  but they actually only work 7.5 we pay them 7.6 it was just how to split that  lousy .1 that was doing my head in and in the end it was not worth my brain explding so I paid 4 and 3.6 sick ...but thank you at least I know I am doing it right,.
  • NarellePaterson
    edited March 2020
    you said the oppisite to Sue but I think I did it Sues way not sure it makes a great deal of difference...just confusing.